Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

300 Hp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2002, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could easily hit 300 (after strengthening internals of course) if you can find a computer good enough to run a turbo and a quad TB at the same time....That would be difficult to program, but I guess it's do-able.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by M3 STYLELAB
oh wow ... the number one reason i hate posting so i forgot the add a + sign on my comment..... you automatically think i meant 300 straight for 2k ...... bro you could have just read when i said 300+hp earlier......... and the 2k was to bring the prices to arroung the same range if you haven't figure out yet that i was comparing something..... please don't talk to me like i drive a hon-duh okay....
just wish people would just read and try to understand rather than looking for errors to exploit so they look like "cool" or whateva ... i see this tooo damn often............

and i know some smartass is going to say .. why don't you edit your post man ....... sorry but it's a forum .. not english 101...

anyways thats my rant... adn i don't/ expect anyone to respond to it.. it's just a rant... leave it at that........ if i wasn't so
i wouldn't have bothered but it bugs sometimes
YOU read into things WAY too much....by no means any where in my post did I "flame" you. The short version of my post , so heres the cliff notes for ya: It will not take alot of money to get the EVO over 300 horses (END).
YES, it will be easy to dump 2k into it and gain a large amount of power (ya know the money to HP ratio will be pretty good). By upgrading the turbo, intercooler piping, BOV, exhaust ect. it can all add up to 2k very quickly. After spending that much you should have EASILY passed the 350 mark. So next time, I know you are bored, dont take things too personally, I never called you a stupid hon-duh owner OR put you down in anyway......I was just simply stating my opinion.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 07:52 AM

just buy the version and change the exhaust. My standard Jap evo 7 on a rolling road testbed put out 290bhp without any mods. Take off the cat, fit a straight through exhaust and hks air filter and bingo- 300+bhp

I'm not sure what you'll have to do to make the evo road legal in
Old Dec 19, 2002, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

unless you are absolutely in love with the US lancer a 300 hp goal is simply not going to be cost effective.

(side track time: I know guys that drive VWs, and have for 25 years. They drag, autoX these cars etc, and they are damn fast. But the cost to performance ratio for these cars is terrible... but they are passionate about them to the point where it makes sence to them)

generally speaking: taking a NA engine and applying forced induction is never a really great idea unless the manufacturer makes a forced version elsewhere. getting forged internals, an upgraded fuel system, and a turbo/ic setup is very expensive, especially considering the initial investment in your lancer.

my advice... appreciate your lancer for what it is. also know what it isn't. if you want a serious performance car, then get one... you don't have to spend all that much, and it doesn't have to be a dsm... there are tons of options.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

NA 300 HP goal is not realistic

TC 300 HP goal is there but needs a lot of tuning
Old Dec 19, 2002, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by uranium9v
You could easily hit 300 (after strengthening internals of course) if you can find a computer good enough to run a turbo and a quad TB at the same time....That would be difficult to program, but I guess it's do-able.
Why would you want or need a quad TB with a turbo? Those should be more applicable to NA applications where engine breathing is more critical. A turbo is already cramming the air in, a quad TB shouldn't help much at all.

If a rally car can make approx 300HP with a 34mm (I think that's the right size) restrictor plate, then you should be able to make 300HP with a single, big throttle body.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by iodine23

Why would you want or need a quad TB with a turbo? Those should be more applicable to NA applications where engine breathing is more critical. A turbo is already cramming the air in, a quad TB shouldn't help much at all.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...0&pagenumber=4 It's all circular.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

dude, lets say the quad throttle bodie gives you like 50 whp and the turbo gives you like 100 whp comine them and you net over 150 whp so tahts why you would get both

the haltec ecu is good enough either that or the new aem that requires a laptop to run either way its 1k blown on an ecu

con rods, piston rods, and probably think i have a twin turbo design worked out here at a shop in town that will have me at upper 3's to 400 whp

its not that i want to spend less its that i get money and invest it along the way i don't have 30k just sitting around to dump into a new evo, trust me i do want one soooo bad so unless you want to buy it for me let me stick with the one and only car i have my gas milage shouldn't get that bad lol i am gettin 300 a tank right now all i have is an intake and cat-back so...

300 is an easy goal 4 or 5 is what would require some skill and serious cash flow
Old Dec 20, 2002, 11:24 PM

have you ever noticed all the twin-turbo guys do a single-turbo conversion to make big power? 300 whp would be pretty easy with a built motor & turbo, i would start to worry about halfshafts and the transmission though. mitsu is not known for their great transmissions
Old Dec 21, 2002, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

300 hp is doable
pistons con rods stand alone fuel manegment and like the normal mods tb exhaust all that good junk
bam your done

thats my personal opinion
now gettin that power to the wheels is a dif story
Old Dec 21, 2002, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by hardcoretuner
dude, lets say the quad throttle bodie gives you like 50 whp and the turbo gives you like 100 whp comine them and you net over 150 whp so tahts why you would get both
This isn't gran Turismo here. Adding a 50hp mod and a 100hp mod will not necessarily give you 150hp, especially when you consider that both the mods you're talking about work on the intake side of the engine.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

This isn't gran Turismo here. Adding a 50hp mod and a 100hp mod will not necessarily give you 150hp, especially when you consider that both the mods you're talking about work on the intake side of the engine.
Smart man, and thankfully, smarter than most. The net power gained with modification will not be verbatim, HP + HP. It's all dependent on how well the mods work with each other.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pjal84
Smart man, and thankfully, smarter than most. The net power gained with modification will not be verbatim, HP + HP. It's all dependent on how well the mods work with each other.
Thanks man... I think you have to be smart to tune your car. That is if your'e going for true tuning and not just modding. You have to come to the table with an understanding of what you're working with and how it works, and how you can make it work the way you want.

Even though they're a little dated, Modern Engine Tuning and Four-Stroke Performance Tuning by A. Graham Bell are great books to read... and Maximum Boost by Corky Bell.

They help debunk and explain a lot of the myths that are floating around... and explain that concept you mentioned of how mods can work together.

Remember too that the flipside of the "Gran Turismo" case can be true. You can bolt on a turbo and get 50hp or an exhaust and get 10hp, but the turbo plus exhaust may work for more than 60hp because they complement each other.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 11:24 AM

GT3

id like a stage 4 turbo for 80k. A intercooler for 3,500. Some head work for 75k. And the Ecu whcih will add 20 hp. GT is a good game and all.....but common after 300k later....u gain like 250 HP on any car.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
but if you do it in the right order in that game you can get even more

Quick Reply: 300 Hp