Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

300 Hp

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2002, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300 Hp

what is it gonna take to get 300 hp? parts and prices. and don't just say turbo your truly ignorant if you think a turbo is all you need. ideally i would like this to be na but recently have decided that i don't really care if my car stays na or gets fome forced induction i want 300 and i want it now.

my thoughts so far..

exhaust
cams
valve springs
bored tb
cam gears
sheet metal intake manifold
header and downpipe
turbo
and to get all this to the wheels a limited slip

if you have any more/ different idea's lets hear them
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Forged internals, con rods, boost controller (and don't forget we only have one cam) and LSD if you want to put any of that down. I'm probably forgetting a couple things, but these would be absolutely essential to a somewhat drivable 300hp FWD car.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

NEW ENGINE
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

i don't even think you'd hit 300 with all of that stuff, but you'd have to have turbo. it would cost you so much to go NA you could of probably bought an evo
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Riiiiight.

There is absolutely no reason the 4g94 couldn't handle 300hp. Honestly that's not even a far from believable goal. Costly, yes. Doable, definitely.

A new engine would just make the whole process cost even more.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by ssjadam03
i don't even think you'd hit 300 with all of that stuff, but you'd have to have turbo. it would cost you so much to go NA you could of probably bought an evo
You could. Fuel system mods would be absolutely necessary too. Leaving work so I'm not about to go through it all.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont waste your money. Go buy a 1G eclipse/Talon for $2-3K and put a few bolt ons. You'll have 300hp with just a few mods and $4-5k.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
um no because then it would be a totally different car...one that you probably don't like the looks. i hate people that say crap like that. and how is it a waste? pretty much anyone can go out and buy an eclipse and make it extreamly fast. boring....but this is not an eclipse were talking about. were talking about the lancer. why didn't you go out and buy an eclipse. ooohhh cuz you bought a wrx : ..like thats any better (i'm assuming you have one due to your member name). i ripped 2 silver wrx's in my turbo lancer with only 8 psi.

OK back on topic... you'll also probably need a stand alone ECU like the haltech. you can definatly make this motor have 300-400 hp. jus gotta have the cash. i have the cash and i'm doing it this summer.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

lol I do actually have an eclipse also. Its a 95 GST. Yea its one-wheel charlie too so we have that in common =P

As far as performance goes, I have an FP Green with 720's. Knowing that I run low 12's @ 115,6 should be good for 350+hp to my front wheel hehe.

As far as WRX performance goes, I think it sucks. Crappy torque band. Im just keeping it until the real lancer comes out...

But I do know one thing. (Sorry guys) I would never waste my money on a honda-wannabe-US spec Lancer. You should just commute in that car. Its sad that they gave a car like that the same name as the Evo Lancer....
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Another thing, I'll give someone CASH if they can make 300-400hp on stock internals on the US Lancer. Try and make some power WITHOUT ripping the freaking engine apart.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:54 PM

dont forget the decals, tehy add 5 HP each sticker.....and the huge aluminum wig...ohman..thats almost 30 BHP right there!..heh
Old Dec 18, 2002, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i made about 100 wheel HP WITHOUT ripping the engine apart.. 300-400 hp on stock internals possible for about 5 seconds...then you'll see something fly out of the hood. i'm rebuilding the engine with crower rods and ross pistons.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 03:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If all you want is 300hp you can get it from any car. If you want to tune to get it it's doable. I can see this thread being either informative or utter **** in the near future.

Basically like everything's pointing to it's going to require a high boost setup. Picking the right turbo would be essential too. If you're not maximizing airflow you're probably going to run hot (thereby decreasing turbine life as well as potential performance) or just not spool fast enough to make any use of the HP. You'd probably be running just short of 20psi.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

As I've said in the 4 other threads I've seen devoted to this concept, what is the obsession with getting a USDM Lancer to the 300 HP mark? I'd be satisfied with 200...
Old Dec 18, 2002, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

To make 300hp on a car like this will require a lot more mechanical skill as well as proper tuning skill. Oh and don't forget money as our friend above said.

You have to make a comprosmise in everything, however depending on how much you drive the car now, should determine your choice in power output. If this is your daily driver you don't want to be tearing it apart and modifying it. My WRX is my current daily driver, thats why I only have a Stage 2 setup. I have a very respectable 230~whp. Thats about 300 at the crank currently. AWD has a 30% drivetrain power loss. Anyway enough about my WRX. Back to your Lancer. If this is your "weekend car" then you probably don't care much about the reliability factor of it. You may be able to produce 300hp with X amount of $ bling bling, but you also may only be able to drive it for a couple weekends before something fails. Always consider the reliability factor for what you want to do, BEFORE you do it!

Quick Reply: 300 Hp