Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Million dollar question - Emanage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You really only get the one table.... the RPM vs throttle position table. and then you add or subtract incoming air (which then adds or subtracts the same amount of fuel)
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

from what ive read the airflow map is the best to reduce fuel
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

my bad... I hadn't played with my support tool in a while. I cracked it open today and noticed that there is a seperate map for timing. BTW- can you send me that map
Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure thing. I haven't had a chance to mess around with the car to figure out the problem. I am hoping it is ju something simple.

By the way, this will sound stupid but, when info is to be sent to the Emanage from the computer I should export it correct? Not import, which would (to me) seem as though I am importing date from the Emanage to my computer.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

If you export more than once you mess things up. So export once to load the firmware and then, when you make changes in the maps, you're doing it real time. When you go to close and it says "youhave made changes, do you want to save" you say yes so you can keep your maps.
To set the throttle position, just have the accessories on, not the engine.
When you "import" you're checking to see what the eManage's current maps look like, so you'll want to make sure that you've saved the map you're working on before doing an import.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have exported everytime. I didn't know it adjusts in real time. I wonder if that is what is making it funking.

When I first installed the Emanage it seemed to be working ok but, then it just didn't. I guess I should reset the unit to clear any problems that may have occurred.

Is simply disconnecting the battery the best way or does the Emanage itself have a reset button on it somewhere?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

actually, making all the map fields zero and then exporting the firmware should do the trick. It makes its changes very quickly.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

let me know how it goes as it goes. I am considering this control unit and would like the input.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

as would i....is it pretty easy to set it up ur self w/ a PC? like no brainer ****...add fuel at this throttle postion or can u add fuel when u hit boost?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

you'd want to remove fuel as the lancer ECU runs very rich most of the time. Actually, you're telling the eManage to tell the ECU that the car is getting less air and the ECU then reduces the fuel accordingly. If you're running boost, the worst thing you could do is hook up the emanage and just remove a bunch of fuel- you'll detonate.

If you're not interested in taking the time to work the fuel and timing maps properly, you may want to look at a preprogramed piggyback.

You need to get the support tool to use it with a laptop. $40 if you can find the guys who are cloning the cable (the firmware updates are avail for free on several webistes, and they're not pirated or anything GReddy releases them periodically). Join the yahoo eManage group and read before you post. Also, check mohdparts.com to buy all the eManage stuff new (as opposed to used). There are people that try to sell theirs here every once in a while, and there are several threads here about setting up the eManage to work with the Lancer.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

picking them up used can get you a very nice price on them. Something else to note if you are not gonna tune this on a dyno, you need a wideband, egt, and something to monitor knock since you are boosted, and lots of patientice. Best bet would be dyno tune
Old Feb 22, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

well i got Wideband....geetting EGT isntalled this week...but no nock sensor....but not trying to do anything outragous.....but i need a solid answer "will this alow me to tume my car w/o using the FMU?" all i really need to more fuel....
Old Feb 22, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

wow dude.... there are some serious problems with those sentences

But yeah.... if you wanna add more fuel, you can do that. with the support tool you can do +-50% anywhere you like.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

50% would be enough for 7psi? cause i can do that on stock injectors fuel rail etc. im kinda a newb i this i guess....
Old Feb 22, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to recommend that you not use the eManage until you've done more reading on how it works. again, join the yahoo group and read read read read read read read....
and there are threads here that discuss using eManage.
or take it to a shop and have them tune with the fuel management system that you choose.

Quick Reply: Million dollar question - Emanage