Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Goal: Fastest N/A Lancer-----mods list inside

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

hope you meet your goals and do have the fastest na lancer out there to match the outside of your car.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Just incase my diagnosis about the Spec V was wrong, I went and got a second opinion...I needed to be sure my view wasn't jaded by the Matrix we live in....
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ Ok, now you're trying too hard

Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

see i try to be nice and say good things and your still being a *****.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jamie
see i try to be nice and say good things and your still being a *****.
Don't be sad cause you've been.....
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

how have i been owned my car is not rice nor did i ever say it was the fastest thing out there.all i did is state that i think it is going to be hard to reach 200whp.and stated some simple facts
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by engineerboy
Baha: you sure about needing new injectors? I asked Mitsiman about them and he said these were good to over 200WHP (so basically, we won't need to replace them )
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm
Here's the injector flowrate, unless RC engineer got their math wrong.

Here are some logic questions.
1) If I put 210cc from the G93 to a G94, what will be its power output?
2) If I put 210cc from the G93 to a G64, what will be its power output?
3) If I put 390 (auto 1g DSM), 450 (manual 1g DSM), or 510cc (Evo 3) to a G63T in the E8 (normally 560cc), what will be its power output?
4) If I put 240cc from the 3g eclipse G64 into a G69 in the RA, what will be its power output?

See, bigger injectors = less effort for the injector wearing out and dying a thousand death.

When I swapped 210cc out to favor the 240cc, I immediately felt better throttle reponse comparing to thr samller injectors; of course, I had to tune for bigger injectors. You can see this trend even in the H&A brand.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Does this Jamie dude ever shut up?

Just FYI, there is a mirage (see 1.8L) running 13s NA without NOS. Dont ask for details because I wont provide, but let that be food for thought.

Back ON TOPIC, Sir Lancerlot, my advice is not to give yourself any unnecessary bills. If your goal is to be the fastest NA, and that would entail you going thru all of those steps, if you will eventually go thru the steps, why waste money? Why buy a part that you will use now and not use later and sell for a loss? I would save that money to enable you to hit a later step sooner. Instead of the PB, maybe get the Emanage unit right away, which can help you tune thru all three stages? Not trying to tell you what to do, i just hate to see people take one step forward adn two steps backwards. I did that (was going NA then switch to FI) and I sold everythign at a loss. RPW headers brand new waited 6 months, never took em out of the box at a loss, Injen CAI at a loss, FSE FPR at a loss etc etc. Dont waste your money, dude. Just get the final goods one time and save some loot.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

baha- what you say makes sense.... maybe Dave thinks we can get away without larger injectors in favor of their FPR in any event, where can we find larger injectors that fit our application- will any Mitsu injectors work? What about impedance? I'm happy to read any links you might have, or threads from our own beloved evoM.... will begin searching here now
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks, but the header and pb are on their way. E-manage was too much cost to start out with. I needed to go this route to get myslef going, then when the time comes to upgrade, I dont mind taking a little hit.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Basic emanage is only like $250-300. You can add the other harnesses along the way. I am sure everything is less than the 450 PB. Only thing is, you have to do the tuning yourself of pay someone to do it vs the pretuned PB

WADAD
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I have also decided to invest in the new g-tech SS. This way I should be able to see my progress along the way. I have a pda, na dwould love to get a system to dyno and monitor things with, but im not quite sure where to get it. Any suggestions would be great!
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 09:28 PM

nice to see a fellow NA lancer here....pm me we should talk. i don't like giving out anything about my car online.
Old Mar 1, 2005 | 09:33 PM

invest in the rpw headers instead they're longer and come with a DP
Old Mar 2, 2005 | 12:23 AM

There is an Aussie N/A 1.8 Ltr that runs close to a 14 flat on the quater. Quad throttle bodies, has standard pistons but has a high compression ratio, billeted corods etc, secret spec cam, full computer, close ratio FTO MIVEC gearbox and a little bit more.

If you want fast concerntrate on more internal work rather than bolt on stuff, you'l definatley need high compression pistons, stage 2 (at the least, prob go custom grind) cam, strengthened rods, balanced engine (just so it can't throw it self to bits), quad throttle bodies www.rpw.com has them, full computer, good tuner and more. You should be able to hit 15's easily things do a 16.2-16.5's standard.

Quick Reply: Goal: Fastest N/A Lancer-----mods list inside