Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade

hey everyone im new to the whole import tuner stuff i have an 03 lancer oz ralley edition and im tring to make a few upgrades for better acceleration

cai, cams, cam gears, intake manifold, header

those are my plans can someone tell me if they have done any of these mods which worked the best and which i should do first thanks guys for all ur help

oh 1 more thing i wanna put nos on my ride what should i change to prepare it for nos someone please let me know thanks alot
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Um....well first off welcome, and secondly do a search, most people have done intake mods, a lot have done the header and intake manifold, and some have replaced their cams and cam gears. Nitrous oxide is a big no no on this engine, unless you want to completely screw it up, many have tried, and few have succeeded.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

" Now me and the mad scientist have to rip appart the block and replace the piston rings you fried..."

NO NOS Unless youdo internals. Check my sig for a good step-by-step to N/A power.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

hey sirlancelot hows that 2g gsx fuel pump working out for you. Does it really make a difference. I know it it useful for the turbo guys with the bigger injectors. I guess my real question is what does it do for you?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

It doesn't seem to make a difference just yet, but it will in the future when I finish stage 1 and do more of the stage 2 mods.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

cant wait to hear how it turns out.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Um....well first off welcome, and secondly do a search, most people have done intake mods, a lot have done the header and intake manifold, and some have replaced their cams and cam gears. Nitrous oxide is a big no no on this engine, unless you want to completely screw it up, many have tried, and few have succeeded.
I know quite a few that ran NOS on the 1.8Ls, with little to no problems..... it just depends on your self control.

What did and does eventually happen to a lot of people with NOS is that they start with a nice safe 45 shot and get a little boost. Then they say, 50 cant hurt, up oit to 50. Then 60. Then 65. Then suddenly, you are shooting a 75 shot of NOS on a little itty bitty motor and kaboom.

My rule of thumb on NOS is take your stock HP and divide it by two. Dont run a shot bigger than that. For the Lancers, I wouldnt run higher than a 55 shot.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well just look at boes thread on the subject, the problem with our engine is its basically the 1.8 L but bored out, which makes it inherently weaker.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

what are you guys talking about???

NNNNNNNAAAAAAAWWWWZZZZZZZ is the best damn mod out there, nothing like squeezin a 200 shot of NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZZ, into our engine.....its like instant oragasm, and it takes all the cars out there even a 700hp surpa, its a true highway killer, hook up the NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZ and post times slips, last time i RAN on NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWZZZZZ i ran a 9 flat.......but that was on a 700shot of it, so i guess like 13's with a 250 shot

oh and most of the things on the lancer is sungular, due to the inline4 SOHC motor, so your would need a CAM, and Cam gear, and NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
Old Mar 16, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

If you are just trying to improve acceleration, look into a new tranny with closer gear ratios. A lot of mods that are NA will take a bit of low end away and give more gains top side. HP doesn't = acceleration.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookslikeanevo
what are you guys talking about???

NNNNNNNAAAAAAAWWWWZZZZZZZ is the best damn mod out there, nothing like squeezin a 200 shot of NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZZ, into our engine.....its like instant oragasm, and it takes all the cars out there even a 700hp surpa, its a true highway killer, hook up the NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZ and post times slips, last time i RAN on NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWZZZZZ i ran a 9 flat.......but that was on a 700shot of it, so i guess like 13's with a 250 shot

oh and most of the things on the lancer is sungular, due to the inline4 SOHC motor, so your would need a CAM, and Cam gear, and NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz
WHy this???

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Well just look at boes thread on the subject, the problem with our engine is its basically the 1.8 L but bored out, which makes it inherently weaker.
Well it is more stroked than bored, but that is splitting hairs... either way both rods and pistons are weak. NOS can be a decent power adder, if used safely. I wouldnt (and didnt) go that route, but it is a much cheaper way of adding power than getting a turbo kit.