Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Specs on 04 lancer

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2003, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Swap now seems possible

first off...luv this forum... i'm like a sponge soakin the info all in....
but here's what i can't soak up ....
i can't find any specs on 04 lancer engine ..to see if a 04 ~> 02/3 swap is even possible..... anybody out there with any solid info yet ?????
i would love that 04 engine in my 03...
if swap isn't going to happen i'm going to trade up for 04, throw some miracle grow on the headlights and hope they grow on me

Last edited by M3 STYLELAB; Mar 4, 2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2003, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

It'll drop in. The chassis is the same but they reworked that Ralliart Ed. with (probably) Eclipse suspension, brakes, and hubs. Arguably though, a turbo will get you going faster for the same cost no doubt, if not cheaper.
Old Mar 2, 2003, 06:43 PM
Evolving Member

yes but i would like the 2.4 then turbo on that
also where are the specs listed??
Old Mar 2, 2003, 09:04 PM
EvoM Guru

you shouldn't jump so quickly on this motor, especially if you want to boost it. if this mivec engine is based on the eclispse 2.4 engine, you should take into account that there aren't that many that are turboed. i figure on 5 psi of boost, the mivec would be running 176hp to the ground and the OG motor is doing 171hp on a auto.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...o&pagenumber=1
sure there are difference between a mivec and non, but i'm thinking that the block isn't so great if there aren't more eclipses boosted. that might be inherited to the mivec.

Last edited by rhyzin; Mar 2, 2003 at 09:09 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 09:10 AM

2.4l 4g64 engine at 5 psi 197.6 whp

at 5 psi you run at 197.6 whp in the 2.4l engine on a auto.
check this link at.
http://www.neweclipse.org/24forcedinduction.htm
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:53 AM
EvoM Guru

wow, thats nice. anyone have any idea of the boost potential with stock internals? that does seem like a good step in the right direction who plan on a turbo swap. thats pretty good info.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

exactly ......
anyways.... i got so lit last night and as allways when i'm high i get crazy ideas .....i think we may have found a way to get the 4g63 in the USDM lancer minus awd .. and actually it might be done awd yes it would cost more to get the awd to fit right but not the ridiculous thousands of dollars peeps keep telling everyone. we are now working on this revalation...i don't want to say we found some secret formula here but we are diff looking into this and by the way don't listen to all hype about a 4g63 swap being impracticle...reading that "swap guide" on this forum screams LAZY to me... haha /// my boys are springing on this ... just got a call and i'm leaving to check out some 4g63's and from what my friend said they're cheap anyways.. i'll let you know what happens .. so far it seem very very doable .. but of course with my luck somethign will throw a wrench into it.
btw has anyone even done this yet even if it cost them 20k to do it has it been done yet?? our goal is under 7k total.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Godspeed my friends.....Godspeed......

Im at the point now where I hope someone will not listen to us about the swap being impractical and try it, and find a way to make it work cheaply........cuz I need speed and cannot afford an Evo....plus the thought of a SOHC turboed engine makes we queeezy,lol.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

SOHC turbo shoudln't make you scared of anything tristar...
anyways... went down there.. unfortunately.. only pics of the engine is available.. grrrrrrrrr they're in japan and need to be shipped....2.5k shipped. but thats engine only.. no ecu wires etc.
i told well my friends translated to them what i wanted to do and they were siked.. and called me crazy ( something about a japaneses accent saying "crazy" just gives me the giggles) non the less now we have my 3 friends working on it and they seemed to be serious in helping out.. they acctually started calling around.. before we even left... and they would be willing to cut a deal .on the price... cuz i told them about the forum and how if it goes well everyone is gonna want to do it.
oh and fyi non of the engines can have more than 40k miles on it.. i think it's a law in japan or something.

Last edited by M3 STYLELAB; Mar 4, 2003 at 04:39 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Trust me, if you knew the physics and mechanics behind it (Im a Mechanical Engineering student) it would scare you too, lol. Keep us updated on the swap man.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 09:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Good luck if you try it. You're gonna need it. Getting a 4g63 with a FWD tranny should be pretty simple though. Now getting it to run properly inside your car is the tough part.
Old Mar 4, 2003, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

read the thread and i like
one question though
lets say i am this close to getting the rrm turbo but now u say this swap could be possible, should i wait and get the swap or should i buy the turbo and then do the swap altering any parts necessary to keep the turbo
Old Mar 4, 2003, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

what shop in japan are u getting hooked up with?

and the under 40k thing, it's not illegal, it's just that people sell their cars after a while since u have to go through all these strict tests for pollution etc. and that costs more or less $5000 per year or every other year..can't remember now. but what i mean is it's not worth having an old car, so maybe that's why the mileage is so low.
-Bob

Last edited by bobaab; Mar 4, 2003 at 03:30 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2003, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

yeah 4g63 with fwd are easy to get i never knew why everyone jumped on the "thats impossible" bandwagon. ah well...
anyways. looks like labor and tunning will be the most costly cuz a deal on the engine tranny ecu i pretty much worked out with them.. can't tell you the price though.. they don't want you guys to start think it can be done for ___ cuz nothing is done yet.. just looking into it ALOT.
someone was asking if to wait for a swap. and not get turbo... honestly.. if you like driving you lancer around everyday .. turbo it
if your gonna just race it SWAP! reason i say this is because right now we don't see this as a "drop in swap" it could require some serious mixing of parts.. and when you do **** like that you run into reliability issues...