Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

I've searched the forums...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've searched the forums...

and I can't find out a good comparison between a SRI and a CAI on a 2002 2.0L OZ Rally, I'm trying to make my mind up I am considering the SRI just cause I don't have to worry about water... but as far as gas mileage vs. performance is concerned what is the concensus?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

CAI
cause that's what I use
I live in pittsburgh area and we have hills and dips and valleys and the water sits on the road everywhere. I've never had a problem and i've had mine for 2 years now
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

abviously didn't spend too much time searching, cause here's a good thread on this exact topic

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=end+sri+cai
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:21 AM

I have problems searching cause there are always too many results LOL last search I did was CAI SRI and I pulled like 83 pages of topics but most of it was classifieds... how do you narrow it down?
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I've had both types of intakes in my car in the past, the AEM CAI and the Injen SRI. Both of these intakes were awesome but the aem cai intake out performed the injen sri on the upper rpm's. However, both intakes show improvement on your car's performance over stock so it is worth the investment. Also, the quality of both of these intakes are top notch both of these intakes are proven and the sound on both are awesome. Some might think the aem cai would be louder but with my experience it is not. The reason being is the sri is closer to the cab so you do hear the intake sucking in the air.
For aem and the water, don't worry about it, you have leave your cone is the water and punch it for water to get into your car. Or if you are paranoid just by a bye-pass valve.
Also, to throw in some options to the mix I do have both intakes ready to ship for a good price, both intakes were in my car for about 3 months. They haven't been abused and they are in good shape, especially the cones. Hit me up if you are interested.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 01:47 PM
EvoM Guru

either go to a specific forum and look for "searth THIS forum" around the top right side, or pick a specific forum to search in in the "advanced search" link under the normal search menu.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by rhyzin
either go to a specific forum and look for "searth THIS forum" around the top right side, or pick a specific forum to search in in the "advanced search" link under the normal search menu.

thats exactly what i needed! thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Closed. Good luck searching.

PS - I vote CAI. Performance is better, and gas mileage is pretty much the same.