Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

My ECU fried??????????????????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2005, 09:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Handmemyarms
haha, thats an awesome pic, anywho, yeah, i would have responded different if it was like "uh why the f*** havent you just CALLED roadrace" but no, he shot his mouth off.

pretty hypocritical if he cant take it.
The only reason I haven't banned you yet is because there's all these witnesses. No joke.

I shot my mouth off? No, I didn't.

"**** you, dip****." There, now I shot my mouth off.

I don't care where you are/were. Expecting RRM to just hunt EvoM for your thread is retarded. And as they've pointed out, dissing a mod ain't smart.

Good luck with the problem.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04lancerEsGuy

LATEST RECALL MIGHT FIX THIS PROBLEM

Just called mitsu headquarters at 1-888-648-7820 and rep asked me for the last 8 digits of VIN
and pulled up the recall data.

1 recall found: PCM recall code# c0505j

by the way, my model is 2004 MITSUBISHI LANCER ES.

CALL UP MITSU AND GET TO THE CLOSEST STEALERSHIP TO GET YOUR ECU REFLASHED.
OT: Uhh, what's that about?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
The only reason I haven't banned you yet is because there's all these witnesses. No joke.

I shot my mouth off? No, I didn't.

"**** you, dip****." There, now I shot my mouth off.

I don't care where you are/were. Expecting RRM to just hunt EvoM for your thread is retarded. And as they've pointed out, dissing a mod ain't smart.

Good luck with the problem.
+1

it was a decent thread but, 1) road///race is local to you, and two its a 2 minute call, 3)why the hell would you take it to the dealer with all your mods on? 4) your dumb, ofr getting pissy a someone who told you what you should have done...

thanks for the laugh when i read this:
If someone from roadrace could PM or leave a msg on this thread it would help in the sort of straightening things out.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

thanks to all the people who actually had info instead of.... comments, im finding more and more to be quite interesting about what the problem may be and the fact that the whole system might/might not be indeed fried, i find out tomarrow exactly what theyre going to say the problem is but im definetly going to bring up all these points before i spend a dime.

as for messing with the electrical system, i havent done anything, im running the stock head unit, and ive had the piggyback on for a year now, so i think if it was infact the piggyback it would have happened long ago, plus the statement Boe said clears up any kind of mystery as to whether or not it could have been which im going to present to the dealer if they try to pull any ****.

i made the thread to gain knowlege about the mechanics of my car, and piece it all together like all the threads i start asking for info, at no point and time was i asking for a direct answer. i am sorry if i came off as being a jerk but i cant stand it when i ask for information and i get "your a retard" mod stating it or no mod, if im asking for help im gonna get pissed

on a side note, i was able to drive the car to the dealer, but it kept stalling out everytime i had to stop and if i tried to cruise at an RPM say... 3500, the car would jolt if i stayed on it too long, apart from that, there was black smoke, the intake sounded like it was sucking in really hard, and my exhaust was loud as fu<k

BTW: THANKS WITNESSES, APPARENTLY MY *** WAS SAVED DUE TO YOU LOOKING IN YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN

Last edited by Handmemyarms; Sep 3, 2005 at 02:56 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

its to pass emissions faster... nothing to do with computer... actually the Re-flash causes some ecu's to Hang RPMs or even wipe themselves clean...
Old Sep 30, 2005, 09:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm gonna have to agree that this doesn't necessarily (in fact hardly) sound like en ECU/PB problem. With the black smoke and stalling I'm thinking it may be something mechanical that may be, in turn, causing the ECU to freak out. It's really unlikely it's "fried" though, because you'd pretty much get complete ECU failure if that were the case.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

ecu

well, I dont claim to be any car god, but there are a couple things that kinda jumped out at me.

1)Black Smoke, meaning your running rich
2)Intake is very loud, sounds like the computer is trying to lean out fuel mixture

seems like a fuel system problem, or obviously a ecu problem. Is it possible for an injector to fail open? Now I will leave the rest to the car geniuses out there to tell u what exactly would cause it. Oh yea, is Check Engine light on, if so what code is it throwin?

Last edited by brentg07; Sep 30, 2005 at 09:29 AM. Reason: adding
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yes, injectors can sieze or "freeze" open. It commonly happens when injectors are run too far beyond their intended duty cycle. i.e. IDC's upwards of 75-80% are generally considered dangerous. That's why I can't help but feel it's mechanical. It's also possible a sensor is giving a bad reading because it's damaged or out of place and the ECU is trying to dump fuel to compensate.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brentg07
well, I dont claim to be any car god, but there are a couple things that kinda jumped out at me.

1)Black Smoke, meaning your running rich
2)Intake is very loud, sounds like the computer is trying to lean out fuel mixture

seems like a fuel system problem, or obviously a ecu problem. Is it possible for an injector to fail open? Now I will leave the rest to the car geniuses out there to tell u what exactly would cause it. Oh yea, is Check Engine light on, if so what code is it throwin?
that sounds pretty much what i was thinking could be the problem
Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Late to this but could be a crank angle / cam position sensor problem as well. Was it making weird popping noises and feeling like it was running on just 2 or 3 cylinders?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
k so its been over a month, have they given u n e results??