Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

02 Lancer OZ Apexi SAFC II settings??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Lancer OZ Apexi SAFC II settings??

I may be getting a SAFC II for my OZ. Has anyone already installed one on their car and what settings did you use?

All I have is an AEM CAI and a axleback exhaust. From everything I've read, adding a computer is better than doing several bolt on's except for a turbo.

On my Evo I used a SAFC II. Huge difference. MY settings ranged from -4 to -16.

Should I just start conservatively??

Please help!
Old Oct 9, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

i have it, my settings are mostly -16 or even more, the only thing i didnt touch was partial throttle cause the ecu is obd-2 and will reset anyways, and i left the idle correction alone.

i gained about 9whp from it, and about 10mpg, AWESOME

just make sure u have a wideband or a dyno like me to tune it perfectly.

i have the rpm incriments and adjustments listed in one of my posts, but im too lazy to search through my user posts for it, so feel free if u want to, lol.

keep in mind i have a few more mods than u
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

With those simple mods, yo uwont need an SAFC.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Originally Posted by AirQuez
With those simple mods, yo uwont need an SAFC.
true, he doesnt need one, but if he wants to blow 700 for the safc and wbo2, then let him.

i for one think it was worth it for me, i HAD plans of boosting, im getting wayyy better mpg, its quicker, its fun, and the ppl when i go out go nutz over it and the wbo2.

their only negative comment is why would u put all that in a base lancer, im like STFU, most people that say that are the ones that drive around '92 cavaliers and cant afford it.

but true, you dont need safc til u go with different internals, boost, etc. mostly just major mods is when u will need it.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

yes i have one, still waiting to install my wideband so that i can tune properly. you are better off waiting till you get a wideband or have it dyno tuned, it is not good to do blind tuning. it is definitely a good mod. check ebay, i got mine off ebay for 255 shipped (which is much cheaper than every other company that i have seen that sells them)
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

yea and also speaking to ryhzin he even did a write up on
Old Oct 10, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

i was running super rich with the safc II
unless i had a bad tuner go with the aem ems
i havent read on how the safc is and who has been
playing around with it and got a good tune
good luck to ya i will read un the write up though
Old Oct 13, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

What's our sensor type? Karman? and what should be the TH-Points settings (what's TH stand for, haha? Haha Sorry, forgive me, I'm still learning about SAFC.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

yes sensor type is Karman. TH is Throttle, TH-points: Lo- XX% and below are considered low throttle correction points; High- XX% and above are considered high throttle correction points.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by oz4g94
yes sensor type is Karman. TH is Throttle, TH-points: Lo- XX% and below are considered low throttle correction points; High- XX% and above are considered high throttle correction points.
So the TH points setting is my choice or something? About Lo = 30% and HI = 70%?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

it doesnt matter what you set it to, it just means that your high throttle settings are for your high throttle point and above, and your low throttle settings are for low throttle points and below.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

low throttle points are basically useless cause within the ecu it will go back to stock on low throttle within 2 cycles since its an obd2 ecu.

high throttle i have set to 65%, you have to set your high throttle by going around the block a few times at 55, 60, 65, 70, 75% throttle and see where you run richest/leanest, then set your high throtlle at that point to adjust it and go tune.

i personally love the safc2 for the lancer, the e-manage would be better to tune timing, BUT , I dont have to worry anymore as im done tuning the lancer and im getting hondata s300 for the si.

trust me, withing a half hour of driving around you'll figure out the safc2, its super easy.

here's one of my older threads on the safc and the views of many other people and my own review of this mod.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=158308

Last edited by maxum17ft; Oct 14, 2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Pete.

But I'm going to buy WBO2 and EGT before I get the SAFC. Just trying to learn the basics right now .
Old Oct 14, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AznFlip
Thanks Pete.

But I'm going to buy WBO2 and EGT before I get the SAFC. Just trying to learn the basics right now .
a lil OT but i think i remember you stating your were looking at the PLX unit... just to let you know i was planning on going the same way until i found out you need to drop like 400+ to get the unit to datalog. I ended up with the zeitronix unit and a nice additional feature is that you can get a egt sensor from them and have the unit data log that as well
Old Oct 14, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03RallyLancer
a lil OT but i think i remember you stating your were looking at the PLX unit... just to let you know i was planning on going the same way until i found out you need to drop like 400+ to get the unit to datalog. I ended up with the zeitronix unit and a nice additional feature is that you can get a egt sensor from them and have the unit data log that as well
Well either PLX or Innovate.

Btw, do I have to use higher octane when tuning with SAFC? and if doing on road tuning, what gear should I used? I read somewhere from Shiv that 4th gear is the best gear.

Last edited by AznFlip; Oct 14, 2005 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 02 Lancer OZ Apexi SAFC II settings??