Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racerxl99
y dont people spend the money they want to invest with 4g63 in a lancer es and buy the real evo? thats mind boggling, and its not even awd.
I was wondering how long it would take for a retard to stroll in and suggest that someone who has a $16,000 car buy one that costs nearly twice as much off the floor and significantly more to insure as well.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HobieKopek
I was wondering how long it would take for a retard to stroll in and suggest that someone who has a $16,000 car buy one that costs nearly twice as much off the floor and significantly more to insure as well.
c'mon dude thats f-cked up. lets not start the BS. but i do hate when someone says "why dont you just get an evo". but then again you will at least be covered when you get in a wreck, cause insurance won't f-- around when you get wreck your "lancer" with an evo engine. but hey, some people prefer FWD over AWD such as SRT-4s. but its whatever you prefer.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 01:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

After 3 years of posts like that, my post was nowhere near as mean as the post I held off on submitting.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I bet, but damn that was pretty harsh (but you were right, someone does always do that).
Old Oct 15, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HobieKopek
After 3 years of posts like that, my post was nowhere near as mean as the post I held off on submitting.
I just wish I had moderator powers, so that when every idiot comes around asking about stupid swaps that have been covered indepth, that I can lock it before even more moron come around, talking about "why dont you just buy an Evo."

Shoot, why didnt the Evo guys just buy a Corvette? Why didnt the Corvette guys just buy a Rolls? Why cant a moderator lock / delete this stupid post?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drivethrufinch3
my 2 fav engine drops iv ever seen is the rx7 into a miata and the v8 into the focus
The 5.0 (if I remember looking at it correctly in 01 or 02) motor at a drag event in the focus was shoehorned by Ford. Therefore, money is no object for their engineering dept. Has anyone follow suit?

In pacific rim countries, the miata was fitted either by 3 rotary or twin rotary, either flavor of TC or NA. Nothing new. Before that, someone shoehorned a 5.0 'stang motor into a 1g Miata.

RA swaps right now aren't cost effective yet. The lancer is still new on the market to a certain extent. It's much better and easier to buy an used RA off the lot. Also, the RA throttle cable is a bit different . . . it's on the PS side. Better to look at a 4g eclipse RS/GS . . . normal setup like any other car.

Last edited by bahamut; Oct 15, 2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AirQuez
I just wish I had moderator powers, so that when every idiot comes around asking about stupid swaps that have been covered indepth, that I can lock it before even more moron come around, talking about "why dont you just buy an Evo."

Shoot, why didnt the Evo guys just buy a Corvette? Why didnt the Corvette guys just buy a Rolls? Why cant a moderator lock / delete this stupid post?
yaaay.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep hearing back and forth that you can and then you cant do this mod simply... which one is it?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racerxl99
y dont people spend the money they want to invest with 4g63 in a lancer es and buy the real evo? thats mind boggling, and its not even awd.
Why are people so close minded? Was that your question?

Originally Posted by AirQuez
Why cant a moderator lock / delete this stupid post?
^Agreed^

Originally Posted by CityKnight
I keep hearing back and forth that you can and then you cant do this mod simply... which one is it?
If you're talking about the 4g63T, it can and it's been done. Just ask your-self if it's worth the time and money. If you think it is, then go for it. If not then take an alternative route.

Last edited by blaze_125; Oct 21, 2005 at 07:22 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm... now how much would it run ya, cus I think Id rather do a 4G63 T Evo Engine swap than add a turbo and all kinds o' sh*t to my ES...
Now, do I have to have the Evo 6spd Tranny too or can I keep my tranny?
Also can it be the Evo 4G63 or does it have to be the Eclipse GSX 4G63, I heard their a lil' different...

If your positive about the answer, that it can be done, please PM me about it cus Id rather do that swap.

Marcos M Duarte
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

^ yes its possible, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=159150, itll run oyu about $10000 for trannie work and everything completed, and you can get the evo 4-8 engine, they all fit and are probably available.

Last edited by drucea; Oct 22, 2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:18 PM

6a12

I bought a 6A12 motor, I have been debating if I should do the swap or not. If I don't put it in the Lancer I might drop it in the mirage. I still need a trans and working ECU though the trans I got is Auto, and to me isn't worth swapping till I find a manual.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

oh and if you get an evo engine, you can convert your car to manual by getting a shifter and clutch pedal i believe
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drucea
oh and if you get an evo engine, you can convert your car to manual by getting a shifter and clutch pedal i believe
you are gonna need more then just that... its too late to be getting into all now, the info is on the site, but you are definatly gonna need more then the tranny, a pedal, and a shifter... or else everyone would do it. Im going to bed
Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

well yeah the info is, i think, in the thread i posted a link to. but thats just what someone told me when i asked how the swap would work on an auto, oh and the ecu is needed as well.

Quick Reply: Engine Swap