Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're getting there with a 2.4 MIVEC into a 2005 Lancer OZ-Rally in the UK. Everything is fine with the electrical side of things and theoretical stuff! We've got the old 4G18 out, and the 2.4 wiring harness in, the 2.4 battery engine harness in, the 2.4 M/T ECM in, and the 2.4 mounts are in, and the throttle by wire is in and connected to the harness.

We've yet to recieve the 2.4 engine and transmission though, and were still searching for a few more parts.

There are a few niggles along the way but only ones weve had are the opposite side of the driver, and a throttle control relay that we didnt know existed until we used the shop repair manual.

I'll do a step by step when we complete the project. Taking our time though, I have an FTO to drive in the meantime!

So far what I've done has cost less than $500 including the parts. The engine and transmission will cost a lot, BUT they are made to fit in this car, so no custom work.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 01:08 PM

I noticed how this thread took a completely retarded turn.
If a newb has a question about something basic or even something already talked to death I think we should still our best to push him into the right direction. I mean seriously we could all just tell him to buy an evo or not do the swap without any prior knowledge. My point is I think instead of putting down newbs we should help the best we can.(Im also a newb but have seen sites for awhile)
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KDawg87
I noticed how this thread took a completely retarded turn.
If a newb has a question about something basic or even something already talked to death I think we should still our best to push him into the right direction. I mean seriously we could all just tell him to buy an evo or not do the swap without any prior knowledge. My point is I think instead of putting down newbs we should help the best we can.(Im also a newb but have seen sites for awhile)
then we would have hundreds of threads asking the same thing... then the ppl that knew anything would get tired of answering the same question, and it still wouldnt get answered. Also the flaming we do is so that hopefully 1) they will search nxt time and 2)another newb that joins and reads the flaming will learn to search before they ask questions.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drucea
^ yes its possible, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=159150, itll run oyu about $10000 for trannie work and everything completed, and you can get the evo 4-8 engine, they all fit and are probably available.
The question was answered much earlier and that was all the info he was asking for.