Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Air Ducts and water/weather?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newbiewonkenobe
i was speaking of hood duct also... seems I can't get the lingo right, some people say air vent, duct, hood vent, whatever. The little $40 thingy RRM sells. I had someone tell me it could cost anywhere up to $300 to install at a paint shop, however that was including some other work (emblems) that I'm going to do myself. I just ordered one of the water repellant filter covers today, from like autoparts.com or somewhere, it was 25 with shipping. You can go to K&N too, but it costs more I think.
that was me. I was thinking that u were talking about the Hood Scoop where you have to cut the hood and paint the scoop to match the color of the hood.

Installation on the AIR DUCT should be cheaper becuase you only need to make a smaller hole and you dont need to paint it to match the color of the hood. I think that those air duct come in Carbon Finer type of color so u dont need to pain them.

In short, installation will be cheaper that $300.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for your clarification! Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have taken off my emblems (yes, myself!) Was thinking of putting the mitsu emblem and lancer emblem on driver side door, kind of like cobra emblems on mustangs.... what do you think?