Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Best intake
Injen CAI
24.54%
AEM CAI
30.28%
RRM SRI
11.24%
Weapon-R
2.98%
Other (specify brand)
14.22%
Rhys Millen Racing
13.99%
Bomz
2.75%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Best intake so far..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2003, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does weapon-r even have an intake for the lancer?
Old Apr 16, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by adhem_t
does weapon-r even have an intake for the lancer?
Yes.

www.nopi.com has them for roughly 155 bucks

Check the registry. I cant remember who has it, but someone does
Old Apr 16, 2003, 05:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Weapon-R has both a cold air box and a Dragon style intake.

Originally posted by Crzylizard
Check the registry. I cant remember who has it, but someone does
Dem1k used to have one. Not certain if he still does.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 07:02 PM
In Timeout

I got the RMR SRI with Evo VI style hood vents. Plenty of cold air. Heat shield is the shiznit.
Old May 4, 2003, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

i've been searchin but really haven't found a solid answer...does the AEM cold air intake fit the automatic lancer? i've read about some instalation problems but i dunno if thats on an automatic or manual lancer....
Old May 5, 2003, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

nope..none of the cold air intakes fit on the automatic lancers..damn that transmission *shakes fist*
Old May 6, 2003, 06:32 PM

if i get an aem cold air intake, and the air bypass valve will it be ok to drive daily, like through rain, snow, puddles. will it get any water in my engine? also is the aem short ram air a good intake to get or should i go with k&n typhoon? how much power will i lose from getting short ram instead of cold air, will the sound be alot different also?
Old May 6, 2003, 09:43 PM

From what i have read on previous forums you will loose maby 2-4 hp compared to a cai. I have heard conflicting stories about the air bypass valve and weather it is just a waste of money or if is actually usefull. most people say they can drive in many conditions without the bypass valve and havent sucked up any water with the cai.

Just my opinion but i would stay away from the typhoon- over priced and you get better lookin intake with the injen or aem.

Im getting the aem cai for my car in about a week so if you want to know what i think of it just pm me then.

Hope i helped and didnt just talk your ear off.

Last edited by adhem_t; May 6, 2003 at 09:45 PM.
Old May 12, 2003, 01:50 PM

i got an RMR intake from the dealership where i got my car, they installed it for me, and with taxes included and all, it came to $339.93 canadian

is that good?
Old May 12, 2003, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by YehYeh08
if i get an aem cold air intake, and the air bypass valve will it be ok to drive daily, like through rain, snow, puddles. will it get any water in my engine? also is the aem short ram air a good intake to get or should i go with k&n typhoon? how much power will i lose from getting short ram instead of cold air, will the sound be alot different also?
my friend had a 1998 accord with an aem cold air intake on it, he went through a puddle and his engine fuxored up. Now he has a 1997 prelude, with an aem cold air intake, but he put a bypass valve on this one, and everything is ok.

hope that answers ur question
Old May 12, 2003, 02:26 PM

rklancer (pm)

i've been searchin but really haven't found a solid answer...does the AEM cold air intake fit the automatic lancer? i've read about some instalation problems but i dunno if thats on an automatic or manual lancer....

To answer your question, ive heard of some people who had a custom cai job done with the AUTOMATIC lancer. it required banging the AEM or INJEN intake pipe to fit wherever it is they were puting it through. NOT recommended becuz it requires an a$$ load of money and totally not worth the effort. at the end of it you will probably get LESS hp gain than the short ram(due to the banging and possibility of thinner and/or longer piping), which isnt that much less than the cai in the first place. stick with the short ram.
Old May 12, 2003, 02:30 PM

what companies are actually selling AEM CAI's anyway?
also, the piping on the ones ive seen dont look anything like the ones on the member's rides. are they the same ones (AEM, INJEN,...)
Old May 12, 2003, 03:47 PM

There is no bypass valve for the lancer intakes. Not for aem not for injen, they don't exist. aempower.com. check a bypass valve is not under there parts catalog. I was wondering if it better to make your own intake? cheaper, defintely!
Old May 12, 2003, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Incline
i got an RMR intake from the dealership where i got my car, they installed it for me, and with taxes included and all, it came to $339.93 canadian

is that good?
um i'm not positive, but in the US, i believe i'm getting the same one through a gorup buy for like $132-145 including shipping but i'm going to install it myself so i save like $30-60 extra for installation. its normally around $165 plus shipping.

i'm not sure what the rate change is money wise for canada but i hope that helps ya out
Old May 12, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

one more question, figured it eb better to but it on a new message....any one tried out the AEM Short Ram Intake? is it any good? is it worth it? or should i just stick with the RMR SRI?

Quick Reply: Best intake so far..