Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Magnaflow 3 chamber muffler

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok i am gonna sound like a huge noob...and thats partially casu ei am but what is this rrm you guys talk about. Sorry to ask and feel freee to flame if you need to..lol thanks
Old May 7, 2006, 04:29 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by neusch11
ok i am gonna sound like a huge noob...and thats partially casu ei am but what is this rrm you guys talk about. Sorry to ask and feel freee to flame if you need to..lol thanks
Road Race Motorsports

www.roadracemotorsports.com
Old May 7, 2006, 08:26 PM

Sweet thanks!
Old May 11, 2006, 09:34 AM

Yes I put a muffler in place of the resonator. It is a magnaflow straight through muffler. The only real difference between a straight through muffler and a straight through resonator is the body size. With a bigger body there is more sound absorbtion material and more material = less exhaust noise. I did a dyno run before I put it on and ran at an even 11.0 AFR. Then put on the muffler did some tuning and ran at 13.0 - 12.6 AFR. I gained 2 ft/lb torque and 1 hp. I don't know if I would have gained more if I didn't have the muffler in place of the resonator, but I'm willing to accept a couple percent loss if it means I can hear the radio when traveling at highway speeds. BTW the only reason I put in that last part is because I might have added some flow disruption because the core on the muffler was 2.5" since it was a universal slip fit that had 2.25" inlet and outlet. (velocity loss from a change in volume can cause back pressure). I recommend making the change to anyone who is not too concerned with ground clearance, but wants a quieter car with the same performance (or nearly at any rate). A 5x8 muffler doesn't fit into that channel near as well as a 4" round does, though if you d it right you really only loose about .5" of ground clearance.
Old May 11, 2006, 09:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Blaze you've been complaining about that exhaust I sold you for far too long. I told you when you bought it that your headers and DP made it sound much louder on your car.
LOL

I dont think you have to go as far as a 3 chamber, maybe just a second resignator and a high flow car rather then the test pipe.