Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

what you buy with $2000 in N/A mods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i had 2g's. i'd sale the lancer as fast as i could and buy another s13.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

AS you can see under what I drive I have done just about the whole N/A route. My girlfriend drives a 2005 Lancer OZ and everytime she punches the gas, the motor whines and I look at her speedo and she is just passing 35mph, I get a big smile and feel pretty good about my mods. I am not racing my car or anything, I just want my car to look good and have a little cahones when I hit the pedal. My car smokes my girlfriends, it barely winds out and I'm passing 40mph. I think the Lancer already looks good so I went all N/A motor mods, a little suspension and a little looks. It runs great people are always checking out the car as I ride around town and like I said the power is pretty good...good enough to give some six cylinder rides a surprise and the eight cylinder mom and dad rides. Bottom line for me is I've had fun putting it together it looks good and it has more power If you dont have the money to drop on a turbo you can nibble at it like I did, but you do have to do everything available for N/A to get the balanced or tuned performance you want. We all waste money on stuff so it up to you. For $2,000 you can probably get a 95' Mustang GT at police auction that will kick the crap out of our cars but it wont be new and you will have the problems that come with old cars. Its all personal preferance. Anyway if I happen to come into some money I can still go turbo, after all it is a hobby, and I'll be maxing out the power available with the turbo because I did everything else. Pick a path and live with it, thats all you can do in life!
Old Mar 31, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sdhes
AS you can see under what I drive I have done just about the whole N/A route. My girlfriend drives a 2005 Lancer OZ and everytime she punches the gas, the motor whines and I look at her speedo and she is just passing 35mph, I get a big smile and feel pretty good about my mods. I am not racing my car or anything, I just want my car to look good and have a little cahones when I hit the pedal. My car smokes my girlfriends, it barely winds out and I'm passing 40mph. I think the Lancer already looks good so I went all N/A motor mods, a little suspension and a little looks. It runs great people are always checking out the car as I ride around town and like I said the power is pretty good...good enough to give some six cylinder rides a surprise and the eight cylinder mom and dad rides. Bottom line for me is I've had fun putting it together it looks good and it has more power If you dont have the money to drop on a turbo you can nibble at it like I did, but you do have to do everything available for N/A to get the balanced or tuned performance you want. We all waste money on stuff so it up to you. For $2,000 you can probably get a 95' Mustang GT at police auction that will kick the crap out of our cars but it wont be new and you will have the problems that come with old cars. Its all personal preferance. Anyway if I happen to come into some money I can still go turbo, after all it is a hobby, and I'll be maxing out the power available with the turbo because I did everything else. Pick a path and live with it, thats all you can do in life!
excellent points in all respects, I agree 100%. is N/A worth it? definitely ... very rewarding, you see each small gain after every mod, you only spend a bit here and there, instead of a lot all at once. in the long run you pay more (obviously), but who's to tell you how to spend your money? people don't buy lancers for the best horsepower per dollar anyway.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 09:31 PM
Account Disabled

N/A is not as fast as F/I but it is fun and a lot easier to do.

with N/A you can buy parts one at a time and install them. you don't have to drop all the money at the same time. Also you're not wasting money because you can always sell the parts when you sell your car.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 02:19 AM
Evolved Member

just looking at your list of mads and looks like you have just about everything covered there I could not see a cam there is that going to be next on the list...

But you are quite right going N/A is alot harder to do and do it right we tend to spend more money more consitantly than the F/I guys and we do have to work harder to get the gains but it is so worth it keep up the work on the car
Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chowetime
just looking at your list of mads and looks like you have just about everything covered there I could not see a cam there is that going to be next on the list...

But you are quite right going N/A is alot harder to do and do it right we tend to spend more money more consitantly than the F/I guys and we do have to work harder to get the gains but it is so worth it keep up the work on the car
The cam is the next thing on the list, but I dont think I will have the cash until next year. Definately cam is next though For now I am just going to enjoy the work I put into it and take it to a few meets. "Summit Racing" and "Car toy Store" get some big crowds here in Ohio. I also plan to do some less expensive things like changing dash lights to all red etc.. I also get a lot of satisfaction from the fact that I did all my mods myself with the help of the maintenance guy at my job, so I actually gained alot of knowledge about the installs. I laughed when I saw the thread on how to get the top left nut off the exhaust manifold, I didnt look that up and it took me about half an hour to figure that out....and I figured it out not the maintenance guy. Anyway its been a lot of work and money, but fun and rewarding too!
Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:49 PM

I have a thermal cat back, obx header and dp, short throw, intake obx high flow cat, fuel rail and fuel injectors also have the car lowered. and i can smoke just about any other oz out there and sometimes depending on the temp outside can even take a few mustangs and camaros. so yeah it may not seem like a lot of **** done to the car and the hp may not be high but you sure do feel the difference and it sure does feel good to beat those trendy *** mustangs and camaros that are all over the road. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2301704 there is my car minus the fuel rail and injectors
Old Apr 10, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

You'll be the first with non stock injectors in a Normally Aspirated Lancer. what injectors did you switch to?

WADAD