Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Intake Issues!

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2006, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like said make sure evry thing is installed right and drive around for 15 min between 50-60mph i think it is to run the drive cycle on your car. also when i installed my ebay intake my friend at work dropped my maf twice and its been a year and its still good LOL
Old May 7, 2006, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylineracer
drive around for 15 min between 50-60mph i think it is to run the drive cycle on your car.
not entirely true. refer to this link for a breif description of letting the ECU learn:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&page=2&pp=15

try to hit on ramps, off ramps, different speeds, accelerating, decelerating, idle, downshifting (if manual), etc. all of this is intended to let the ECU relearn the fuel map.
Old May 9, 2006, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by blaze_125
something else just came to my mind. Way back when I installed my SRI, nobody in Canada carried the MAF adapter plate so I had to make my own. If you had to remove the plastic plate that's on the front of the mas, the adapter plate has to properly cover the maf opening. If it doesn't cover it like the stock plastic peice, the ECU WILL throw a code and the car will run like crap since there is way more air coming in, than the ecu accounts for.

I agree completely. That plastic piece that covers the opening of the tube on the inside of your stock box is what is causing your problem. I was having the same problem so to try to figure it out I just put the stock box (the part that connects to the maf, but left the other half off) and started my car and it ran fine. Then I pulled the box off and it ran like sh**. So I put it back on piece by piece and found out that the little black piece with the lip on it was causing the problem. STUPID!! Does anyone know about an easy fix for that?
Old May 9, 2006, 05:07 PM

Ok folks update:

Problem solved. After a little bit of thought and initiative, I frankensteined some peices from the aftermarket intake to the stock intake and got it to work just fine. Runs and sounds good. Thanks for all the help
Old May 10, 2006, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by JesseFriz
Ok folks update:

Problem solved. After a little bit of thought and initiative, I frankensteined some peices from the aftermarket intake to the stock intake and got it to work just fine. Runs and sounds good. Thanks for all the help
Cool