Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Rumble in the brakes

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumble in the brakes

After I installed my MAF adapter and Filter I have noticed that the brakes have a little rumble in them which is mainly felt whenver it is in drive or going over bumps. I do not have the intake fully secured so it is kinda bouncing around right by the brake lines/fluid. Is this more than likely the cause? Thanks!
Old May 24, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iufan4lifeul
After I installed my MAF adapter and Filter I have noticed that the brakes have a little rumble in them which is mainly felt whenver it is in drive or going over bumps. I do not have the intake fully secured so it is kinda bouncing around right by the brake lines/fluid. Is this more than likely the cause? Thanks!
It sounds like your answering your own question Any time you add a modd to your car and a problem develops right after, it is a good start in troubleshooting the problem if you tripple check your work-do a good visual inspection of your work. (you should have already double checked it) Ask yourself some questions like: Did I follow instructions correctly? Is the part attached to the car properly? Did I account for all my tools ?

You may also just be driving harder and your break pads are low or your rotors are glazed.

Last edited by sdhes; May 24, 2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old May 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

could something tapping the brake lines etc. cause such a thing though? And knowing me I would have left a tool in there but I checked :P
Old May 24, 2006, 05:26 PM

if it is lose then there is a possibility you are feeling the bump in the brake lines. Just make sure you tighten it relly well and then take it for a spin. Are you brakes effected when you actually brake?
Old May 24, 2006, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

No, the braking is not affected whatsoever. I feel it just sitting parked with the brakes on and especially going over bumps so I am pretty sure that is the problem. Just didn't realize that tapping the brake line like that would cause that. Thanks those.