Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

new mods & thanks

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new mods & thanks

hey guys. I don't get on these forums very much, but I read alot of these posts for inspiration and ideas for mods. You guys have some sexy rides. and talk about helpful, posting loads of reviews and how tos etc. you have helped me alot with my car. thanks.

I have a black 2002 Lancer, mods include:
2.25" exhaust w/cannon muffler and 2 big resonators
RPW Race Design Extractors/Headers
FSE Fuel Pressure Regulator
K&N oval ram pod
RPW Short shifter
Kartboy shifter linkages
Lovells -30mm springs
Whiteline front strut brace
Whiteline rear sway bar
Apexi RSM & gsensor
Ralliart grille
17" Konig trouble w/ 205/45 toyo proxes
blacked headlights

NEXT MODS:
my car is booked in at RPW for the 3rd of July to get a ported 4g93 intake manifold and 59mm oversized throttle body along with the Thermoblock phenolic spacers and the RPW 3" Cold Air Intake using my K&N pod and I have an emanage with a boomslang plug & play emanage ECU harness, which i've booked in with RPW to be tuned on the 17th of July.

when i figure out how to do it, i also have a tube of window weld to fill my front motor mount. but i am needing to buy a decent jack and stands so i can tackle that one.

I know how you guys love to see dyno charts, and i should have a pretty sweet N/A ride after all those mods, so i'll be sure to post my numbers after the tune and show you all how it went.

I'm hoping for about 150hp atw.. not sure if i'm dreaming, but we'll see.

FUTURE MODS:
aside from a new cam, pistons or porting/polishing the head, which are all a little further that i want to go right now, what other mods can i do when these few are complete to get a bit more kick out of the 4g94?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 02:39 AM

I do not mean to offend you in any way but that sounds like a lot of cash for only 150 hp. What do you plan to do after these mods, are you planning on evenutally goin turbo?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 04:49 AM

well, after exhaust and pod filter, i dynoed only 98.7hp at a car club dyno day. i would say that 150 is a pretty big jump up from that.

I said 150hp because i thought it to be a reasonable goal, and from the whopping 96hp atw my car came from the factory with, 150 would be a massive difference on the butt dyno.

but i didnt think that my mods list was anything special anyway... thats a pretty standard upgrade path for an N/A lancer and what most people would do finances permitting right?

i think after these last mods, i would have spent about 6500 - 7000AUD on my car since i brought it. which is only 5000US. is that alot?

There are N/A lancers in my car club that are alot more worked than my car, and there are alot on this forum isn't there?

I don't have any great plans for my car, i just like messing with it and making it more and more fun to drive. after its finished (after the emanage) I'll be heading to some motorsport events to see what its made of.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Youve got a good soild mod list going but dont be disappointed if you dont see a 40HP gain over what you have now. I can almost garentee that you wont. The other to throw horsepower like that down for you will be a turbo. Youve got a great start but before you go port and polishing the motor id save your pennys for a turbo or a super charger.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck with that goal; I just don't see it...