Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

DIY Throttle Body Bore Out

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY Throttle Body Bore Out

Anyone out there have any wisdom to share on a DIY job? I've seen some done for other cars but not the Lancer.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

do not even attempt to bore out your TB unless you're a pro machinist (and then you wouldn't be asking for advice, you'd be posting how much you like the difference ). getting the proper angles where the butterfly seals, machining the butterfly and machining the butterfly arm are extremely precise jobs. Shop around locally and be prepared to be without your car for a few weeks (for some reason the Mistu TB is "tricky" according to the guy I had do mine). Oh, and 5mm over stock is the max or you bust through the wall and into the bypass, which will create a vacuum leak all the time and your fuxored (or you'll break into the coolant bypass and then you'll be sucking coolant into your engine until you bust a rod).

Sorry I couldn't be more positive, but that's the one thing I've sent out to have done because it really is impossible for the shade-tree mechanic.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 06:12 AM

Works for me! Thanks!