Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

A2 Designs crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's ok crypto. We're here to assist you
Old Oct 4, 2006, 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol thanks
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregivq
I will be honest, I want to buy a pulley and I will but from RRM. It's not because I love them and praise them all day long, but because I think they deserve a credit for being the first to develop a pulley for a Lancer. I always try to look for a better deal somewhere on the internet but $10.00 more or less won't kill me.
Call me stupid, but I'm just thankful for all the hard work RRM put into our cars.
And I will be honest with you; they didn't develop jack. If memory serves me the pulley was developed by someone else and RRM bought the design or has them made to the specifications that the other guy came up with. In addition, I believe the Mirage pulleys work.

Also if A2 is offering a belt, they themselves can run about thirty to fifty bucks. So really the pulley is costing you sixty bucks? You're saving more than ten bucks with the A2 pulley.

Someone will have to get this part to see how much lighter it is compared to stock and write a review of it, but already it's a better deal.

In no way am I trying to knock RRM. These are the facts. As always to keep this on topic and aviod the fan boys: RRM is a great company that offers great parts and technical support... </fanboy retardent>

Fox
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Thx for the post Shingen. I guess I should rethink my decision and consider $30.00 pulley for Mirage you can get on Ebay.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

hey shingen, i just said i bought it and it sould be here soon. . . . i hope soon. i'll start a new post with a product review. just got headers and downpipe, already have a catback and sri. im thinking pulley should realistically give 5 hp? is that reasonable. or at least easier revs.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

It won't give you any horsepower, it will 'free up' some, that's all.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

thats what i meant, just free up a few that im getting robbed of from the stock unit.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah i would like to see a review of this when it comes in. I already have the RRM pulley but I'm just curious. And yeah another guy began to develop the pulleys but I think he didn't have the right resources or something so he allowed RRM to make them. And yes the Mirage pulleys work as well but require a different belt. So I guess RRMs is different because it is the same size but lighter than stock.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thank you Shingen. I was all ready to post up with the "RRM didn't develop it, they copied an existing design" but you beat me to it.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

i wonder if these a2 designs really add hp. their dual throttle body looks like a scam. who knows. i asked them if their stage 2 w/cold air intake will fit an auto.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^

cold air intakes wont fit on autos unless you re-locate the battery.

I like their pulley. Very low weight and I like the fact it comes in pirty colors. plus you get belts. thats a bonus.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superfly78209
i wonder if these a2 designs really add hp. their dual throttle body looks like a scam. who knows. i asked them if their stage 2 w/cold air intake will fit an auto.
you sound like a scam
Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

gregivg you crack me up bro lol . but i am planning on ordering the stage 1 kit, and the pulley from them so i will write a review also! so far i am pretty impressed with the company. getting same mods that could be better for the half the price that roadrace or any other company would sell, not knocking roadrace at all or any other company its just many of us on here like to save money!
Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

damn, shin AND DJ beat me to it Good work guys. And yes, the mirage pulleys work fine. The even lighter that lightweight Mirage underdrive pulley is awesome, even if the install was a biatch. If you don't want to mess with new belts then save yourself a few bucks and try the new guy.

Phillip said he'd have dyno results for the twins a couple weeks ago. I'm interested but I have concerns about the design. Two pipes merge over the header and then the MAS has to be moved. Did we have a lot of problems with early design CAI's that tried to move the MAS closer to the filter to read the coldest possible intake temp It's an awesome price and it would go nicely with my current setup.... waiting patiently.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 04:23 PM

Hey Guys...new to the forum but been browsing these for a while. Whats up with the contradicting info from both sites. A2 says the stock pulley is 11lbs and RRM says it is 4 Lbs?
Minor yes, but is A2 trying to pull something here? I dont discredit either...ive been eyeing the DualTB from A2 but no one gotten it put in yet and written a review. I guess we will wait and see with this one as well.

Quick Reply: A2 Designs crank pulley