Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

A2 Designs crank pulley

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of the cheapest/best parts come from the junk pile. In fact for parts that don't go bad like the Intake Mani you really can't go wrong.

Fox
Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

To clarify things, the only parts I get from the junker are the 1.8 manifolds, throttle bodies, and fuel rails. where else would I get them As for my parts source, I live in florida, there is 10034535234 wholesale dealers here. And alot of parts come from australia as well.
Phillip
Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:40 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ what part of florida you in?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

ok thanks for update i am still going to do buiness with you and have decided to buy the crank pulley from you instead of rrm will place an order today
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please stay on topic. This thread is about the A2 pulleys. If you want to debate his product quality/methods, start a new thread.

As for superfly78209 jumping in with OT info, I'm not even going to start...
Old Oct 5, 2006, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Well everyone i have ordered the crank pulley from ********* i choose the fast shipping so i should recieve it between 2-5 buiness days as soon as i recieve it i will post pics and let you all know on the results! Next up stage 1 kit in about a week
Old Oct 5, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Grey_Fox
A2 is very f**king wrong.

Just to add
A2's crank pully: 1.2 lbs
RRM crank pully: 1.0 lbs
(according to the websites)
Wait a second... A2 Designs pulley is underdrive and it weighs more than RRMs lightweight??? hmmm....
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

i guess that about evens it out then. a lighter stock size one and a heavier smaller one. Might take about the same force to rotate them.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

.2 isn't a big enough difference to matter
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gregivq
I will be honest, I want to buy a pulley and I will but from RRM. It's not because I love them and praise them all day long, but because I think they deserve a credit for being the first to develop a pulley for a Lancer. I always try to look for a better deal somewhere on the internet but $10.00 more or less won't kill me.
Call me stupid, but I'm just thankful for all the hard work RRM put into our cars.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but RRM didn't develop that pulley they sell. It was developed by a guy named Joe - can't remember his screen name. He first made the pulley for the Ralliart since his wife drives one. Then he was convinced to make it for the base Lancers. However, after making all the Ralliart pulleys himself, he decided it would just be easier to pass it on to an actual Lancer vendor - hence why RRM now sells them. But RRM does continue to be the leader in parts for the Lancer.

I enjoy just seeing new people make things for the Lancer. Our choices are pretty slim when it comes to who we buy stuff from and I'm willing to support new companies. That's how we get more competition among vendors and prices can come down - finally.

For $90 you get a pulley and belts - that's a pretty good deal. Too bad I already have the RRM pulley

Last edited by Z_Lancer_Man; Oct 5, 2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

yeah we established EvoJoe (I think) made the pulley first
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doh - that's what I get for only reading the first 20 posts
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

lol i hate long threads
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
I don't want to burst your bubble, but RRM didn't develop that pulley they sell. It was developed by a guy named Joe - can't remember his screen name. He first made the pulley for the Ralliart since his wife drives one. Then he was convinced to make it for the base Lancers. However, after making all the Ralliart pulleys himself, he decided it would just be easier to pass it on to an actual Lancer vendor - hence why RRM now sells them. But RRM does continue to be the leader in parts for the Lancer.
Sorry but that's wrong. RRM made Joe an offer he couldn't refuse AND made him sign a contract stating that he would never produce another part for any Mitsubishi ever again and I got that straight from Joe himself. He couldn't disclose how much RRM paid him to quit but he said "it was more than enough".

And I'd argue that RPW does it better for performance, but that's me.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drucea
i guess that about evens it out then. a lighter stock size one and a heavier smaller one. Might take about the same force to rotate them.
the 0.2 lb might not make a huge difference but the underdriving will. The Alt, AC and power steering will put less strain on the engine when underdriven, but they'll all still work about the same as before.

Quick Reply: A2 Designs crank pulley