Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Views on 2.0 Lancer 4g94 Cold Air Intake By A2 AND Intake Manifold help

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Views on 2.0 Lancer 4g94 Cold Air Intake By A2 AND Intake Manifold help

Hey, I was checking out A2's site and im in the market for a sri (cai's out of the questin now... well i think) i was first thining Cai but then i decided for Sri, i'm wondering how you think the 2.0 Lancer 4g94 Cold Air Intake by A2 designs is... Compared to the competitors.... RRM...Injen...Ect. And im hoping for some1 to help me understand the Stage 1 and stage 2 intake upgrade... What would be the difficulty of install, or tuning ect. All the help you can give is greatly appreciated, Thanks
Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Ahh.. A2's design is a Cold air... Still whats every1s views on the best SRI? - thanks
Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the Injen SRI in my 03 ES and it continues to slightly dent filters. It dinged the edge of the first one. I then replaced it and re-angled all the piping to ensure that it was all snug against itself within the rubber sections and as low as possible and it was ding free for about a year until I carefully removed the filter for cleaning and evidently it wasn't gently enough, because it is now dented as well. It's not really a flaw in the intake, the engine moves too much on stock mounts (non solid), and it will probably happen with all intakes. I am now considering changing the filter again, this time with AEM's new dry reusable filter and maybe changing the engine mounts for solid ones or filling the old ones with window weld. I would caution you to buy, as with everything for the engine, only something reputable and dyno proven, properly researched and developed (read as non-ebay). I don't know about A2, I've never heard of them. Other than the dent problem (which as far as I can tell has not affected performance) the Injen works great. My "seat of the pants" dyno says there's more power and I've seen better gas mileage as well. I would also caution you to consider the amount of wet weather your car will see when you are considering between cold air and short ram. For me in Florida, cold air isn't worth the risk of hydrolocking the engine by it sucking up water.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:31 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

If your a brand *****, go Injen SRI or AEM Cold Air.

But your better off with a K&N drop in if your going SRI that isnt RMR(rare).

A2 Design's Cold Air is the one of the bester ones on the market, its made very well with a great price. --All in all tho there all about the same.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Wooohoooo it has been a while since another intake thread. Everyone clap your hands.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

I think the admins evolutionm.net forum and all of them should have a sticky at the top of all the category's giving basic "KISS" instructions on how to use the search, cuz it seems that alot of people dont know how to look for things.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

I think they do but they are too lazy.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 07:03 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all SRI's are the same. all CAI's are the same. the performance difference between them is virtually none.

your best option is A) search and B) go to autozone, buy an MAF adapter, then buy a K&N filter, and stick em on your stock intake tube. that will cost $60
Old Nov 4, 2006, 08:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crypto
all SRI's are the same. all CAI's are the same. the performance difference between them is virtually none.
YES.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I dont Know why the bashing, Its not that I dont search... its the fact theyre are so many opinions across the boards... I wanted to see for myself what I should do.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gregivq
Wooohoooo it has been a while since another intake thread. Everyone clap your hands.
and

"I think the admins evolutionm.net forum and all of them should have a sticky at the top of all the category's giving basic "KISS" instructions on how to use the search, cuz it seems that alot of people dont know how to look for things."

Maybe you should listen to "Blacksheepdj" Signature -

"Doug's tips for noobs, lesson #3:
If you're not going to be helpful or answer the question, DON'T POST. Thank you"
Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SnapDragun
I think the admins evolutionm.net forum and all of them should have a sticky at the top of all the category's giving basic "KISS" instructions on how to use the search, cuz it seems that alot of people dont know how to look for things.
First off, read the bottom of my signature.

Second of all, if they don't read the current rules, why would you assume they'll read the "new, extra-special rules"? It's like at my job - if the problem is that people don't read the signs, you can't add more signs and expect it to fix the problem. You just try to educate them.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Don't be discouraged from buying a name brand intake because of the brand ***** thing. Big brands are big because they deliver. You want good research and development, you want something that won't fall apart and you want something that looks good (at least some of us do), you're going to pay a little more for those things. Injen is good, Road///Race is good. Look for pics of the A2, if it looks well put together, try it! In the end it's your vehicle, and your decision, not mine or anyone else on the forums.