Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Best of the Best Headers
RRM
49.14%
RPW
33.14%
Kamikaze
17.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Headers!! RPW or RRM

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2003, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I edited my post cuz the gains wadadlig had were 17 whp, not 19. Also keep in mind his mods were a drop in filter and muffler. I imagine things can only get better, and the gap between the competition will become greater, with the removal of the stock airbox, 2nd cat, and stock exhaust piping.
Old May 18, 2003, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Damn.. i was convinced of RRM, then i got convinced of RPW.. and still, that kamikaze price is just lingering in the back of my head. I think I'm just leaning toward getting RPW. i want the down pipe so i can have it totally custom from headers to muffler. Someone was telling me that the RPW turbo was a hack job and very sloppy so that was a reason i was nervous about the headers... To someone who has that header, is it clean looking?? nice welds? peace
Old May 18, 2003, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Despite the downpipe that bangs on the frame sometimes (significantly less with deyeme engine mounts) I still endorse kamikaze. I have seen a lot of shiny headers on muscle cars one year and the next they are burnt blue and corroded, so the finish in my opinion is not a factor. Performance and price are the factors. There is only one dyno sheet, mentioned by Andrew, Kamikaze and RRM numbers are kinda heresay, but both are well respected names and would not put out a sub-par product. So since there really arent any head to head numbers to compare that leaves price, and Kamikaze wins by a landslide.
Old May 18, 2003, 03:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, I was by no means knocking Kamikaze either. It's a great value, but I've yet to see number gains that were not from the manufacturer (I do NOT trust manufacturer's gains generally speaking. I think I'd trust RRM's number if he did dyno the car though). At any rate, I'm sure they're all good choices. I think it'll come down to cost, looks and where you want your power. Someone with a Kamikaze correct me if I"m wrong, but I noticed the gains most in the upper end as well (similar to what people say the RPW is like).
Old May 18, 2003, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

True to the upper gains on Kamikaze
Old May 18, 2003, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I have a kamikaze header and downpipe, only reason i got it since it was significantly cheaper..i got it for like 240 shipped to my door, but i notice a pretty decent gain from it especially in the upper rpm's..but i have not driven a RRM or RPW header, so i can not say that it's better, but the price is what got me to go with kamikaze
Old May 18, 2003, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jc7651
Someone was telling me that the RPW turbo was a hack job and very sloppy so that was a reason i was nervous about the headers... To someone who has that header, is it clean looking?? nice welds? peace
Where did you hear the RPW turbo is a hack job? They have a custom manifold depending on what size of turbo you use (t25, t28, or td series). As for the header design, it's solid. Beefy primary piping and equally beefy downpipe.
Old May 18, 2003, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

The RPW header is 2.5 through and the RRM headers is 2.25 through, someone correct me if im wrong. Would this not give you more torque in the lower end... or less low end loss.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:30 AM

well i put on my kamikaze header and i love it. the gain is incredible!!! i raced toofast's lancer tonight and i killed him. my best run i beat him by 3 car legths. it pulls from the start all the way to red line. the other mods i have are injen cai, test pipe, and muffler. the only down side to the kamikaze is that it has no o2 sensor fitting in the header. i am VERY happy about this upgrade and would recomend kamikaze to everyone.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 03RallyLancer
The RPW header is 2.5 through and the RRM headers is 2.25 through, someone correct me if im wrong. Would this not give you more torque in the lower end... or less low end loss.
And don't forget the 3" downpipe with the RPW header. That's what helps the low end torque.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:41 AM
Evolved Member

guys im working on a deal to start stocking rpw in the US or special ordering some stuff. this will go for throttle bodies,cams, headers, you name it. ittl be cool if it works out. i know shark racing has a deal with them but im getting that alot of people are angry at shark for their customer service so i took it upon myself to see about importing rpw. this means more competitive prices too !!
just thought id mention it since youre on the rpw, rrm, kamikaze thing !
Old May 19, 2003, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2003lancer
well i put on my kamikaze header and i love it. the gain is incredible!!! i raced toofast's lancer tonight and i killed him. my best run i beat him by 3 car legths. it pulls from the start all the way to red line. the other mods i have are injen cai, test pipe, and muffler. the only down side to the kamikaze is that it has no o2 sensor fitting in the header. i am VERY happy about this upgrade and would recomend kamikaze to everyone.
Glad to hear the gains on the Kamikaze header Rick! I can't wait for the BBQ when we can have RRM vs RPW vs Kamikaze shootout. That way we can help put all these speculations to rest.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by ozrallyguy
guys im working on a deal to start stocking rpw in the US or special ordering some stuff. this will go for throttle bodies,cams, headers, you name it. ittl be cool if it works out. i know shark racing has a deal with them but im getting that alot of people are angry at shark for their customer service so i took it upon myself to see about importing rpw. this means more competitive prices too !!
just thought id mention it since youre on the rpw, rrm, kamikaze thing !
That's great and all, but, for the love of God, please stop with the shameless plugs across the boards. Keep them in the vendor forums.
Old May 19, 2003, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Can you get the RPW header right from their website?? i think i'm starting to lean toward just buyin those... i think i want the downpipe... sounds like the RPW is probly better quality than the kamikaze. and by the way, whats the pricetag on the RPW
Old May 19, 2003, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

sorry andrew !
you gotta admit, im determined

Quick Reply: Headers!! RPW or RRM