Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!
View Poll Results: Best of the Best Headers
RRM
49.14%
RPW
33.14%
Kamikaze
17.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Headers!! RPW or RRM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2003, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been salcking on ordering RPW. I've been so busy and all ! I will get a thread up this week seeing if we (evolutionm members) can get a big order together to help shipping costs.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Kamikaze is not a real helpful company if you run into issues. About 2 hours ago, got off phone with them. My downpipes flex area is leaking like crazy. Exhaust is hardly even coming out of rear of car. The guys says they will only take back, if I send it to them. Was not willing to even help me out even though I recently moved across US and factory exhaust is very far away, plus my lancer is now a daily driver. I even offered to pay shipping right now for a new one. No go. So, apparently I rent a car for 3 to 4 days, so they can determine their downpipe failed and they will give me a new one, or repair old one. Thanks Kamikaze. Not. Just my opinion. I'll never buy from them again.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hear a lot of people saying that there is no value in replacing the dump pipe on these vehicles - to this I definitly disagree.

You only need ot look at the restrictive flow rates of it - why do we go to all the expense of fitting a higher flowing cat back exhaust system and fit some nice headers only to leave a small diameter restrictive pipe between the header and the cat converter.

The point being people - remember that the RPW systems come with a mandrel bent 2 1/2" race designed dump pipe with O2 sensor fittings.

I keep these units in stock all the time and they can be shipped over HPC coated or not depending upon what you can afford.

RPW stands by its product - for a N/a modified vehicle which the majority of owners that is all they can afford - we still belive our product is the best out there.

Our header pipes are the longest for maximun torque and power and our dump pipes provide the best flow rates and design.

I welcome as always any questions or criticism.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 01:41 PM

i installed a ceramic kamikaze with downpipe a few weeks ago. got great top end pull! looks awesome too!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

time to ressurect this thread.

does anyone have more updated prices and links to vendors on ALL THREE headers for comparison?
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

RRM Ceramic coated header $357 delivered.

Last edited by my-lancer; Nov 23, 2003 at 06:25 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Do you mean RRM? I remember RMR had a header a while back, but I just went to their web site and couldnt find anything. Mitsuman (Dave, right?), I know you have been asked this probably a hundred times, but how much is your header and dump pipe combo? Id research it a bit more but Im using a very slow computer right now. Thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I am online now with Shaun from vision imports and confirming pricing right now
In fact I am discussing organising a group purchase of lancer 2.0 header / extracotr systems right now so hopefully we should be able to arrange something. Shaun will be answering straight after me right now
Old Oct 7, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

I just installed RRM header last Sat and I love it. Can feel that there is a lot better movement now that my exhaust has opened up more. And you know whats great about it. Im going to put my turbo on next week and the header gets to stay on.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:42 AM

Header and dump pipe combo is $405 plus s/h.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

i just saw for the first time the rpw header in person.

now i dont want to talk **** or anything but if you saw a picture of the one i saw you would run to rrm begging them to sell you theirs.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

i have the kamikaze and love it! got it for $234 shipped (group buy) and it came w/ gaskets and a mil eliminator. pretty nice gains around 3200+
the downpipe does take a bit away from the low end, but you may be able to better benefit from this by completely revamping your intake system (cai, ported intake mani, throttle body)
for the price:hp ratio, kamikaze is the way to go. you can get it in hi temp black, chrome, or ceramic like the rrm. it's my only mod and i can feel the pull with better throttle response and freeway driving.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Alright this question was asked earlier but no one replied. Does the RRM header bolt right up to the stock downpipe?
Old Dec 21, 2003, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Also, if I brought this to a shop to put on, how much you think a normal shop would charge for them to install them. I think with the right tools and now how to do it, it shouldn;t be that hard of an install.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

yeah..someone said installing the headers is just like 2 bolts from the downpipe and 4 bolts on the engine block...but i think all the crap in the way might make it slightly dificult....not sure though but i think thats all they said it takes....and probably a new flange/gasket?

Quick Reply: Headers!! RPW or RRM