Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

The 4G63 into a Lancer mega merge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
There is no 4G63 that will fit in a Lancer to my knowledge. Obviously, anything is possible with enough time and money and effort. There's a 4G64 swap posted in this forum (look at the threads near the top), but no real hard info on the 4G63.
although according to that thread, you CAN frankenstein a g63 head into it. im not really sure though cuz i've never seen it done and im still a noob to mitsu's. then you'll have to consider the axles, tranny, wiring harness, ecu blah blah blah...is it even worth it?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IV - IX will fit ..... (based on the Mirage).

Eclipse will fit ONLY with extreme modifications.

Both options are pricey.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Someone did the eclipse swap (4G64?) and it seemed to be fairly straightforward.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, should have clarified.... this was in response to the original's posters question about the Eclipse 4G63 ... that too will fit but with extensive modifications.

They 4G64 of the 3G Eclipse / 8G?? / 9G Galant will fit relatively easily, as will the Evo IV - IX 4G63s. Fitment isnt the issue, it is the relative costs.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 09:27 PM

check this out!

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph/...t%20lancer.htm
Old Jun 6, 2007, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^wtf!? how come we done have anything like this!? oh yeh i forgot, we're in america...we always get dicked with this kind of stuff...
Old Jun 6, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pinoy_lancer!
wtf 10:1 compression!? ON A 4G63!? I still wouldn't mind having that car xD
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:38 PM

From what i hear from a shop im taking my car to (03 laner auto) they can fit a 4G63 from a 1990 Galant RS with some custome motor mounts and may need a after market hood they say its a little taller then are motor. i plan on droping off car to (do/try) that swap. but it should fit just a tight fit.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 11:50 PM

plan on doing that swap with in the next few week waiting to drop off car. they are going to use a early 90's Galant RS moto (4G63)with a Eclipse tranny and auto to stick.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 01:07 AM

Help: 95 eclipse engine into the 2002 Lancer Oz Rally

Ok im pretty new to this so i know some of you might get flamed up...but i wanted to know of the easiest and cheapest swap to do to my oz lancer...i was thinking the 95 eclipse dohc non turbo enigine in my car....What will i need for the swap...or is there any head swaps i can do to make my 4g94 a mivec engine.??...which is better the head swap or the engine swap....if the head is better what might i need.???
Old Jun 7, 2007, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KidLancer
From what i hear from a shop im taking my car to (03 laner auto) they can fit a 4G63 from a 1990 Galant RS with some custome motor mounts and may need a after market hood they say its a little taller then are motor. i plan on droping off car to (do/try) that swap. but it should fit just a tight fit.
Why in heavens name would you go through all the hassles of modifying engine mounts, lengthening all the cables and all the extra work of mounting a 180 degree tranversely mounted engine in your car and opt for a 2.0 non-turbo motor? If you are doing it, you might as well get the Eclipse motor... all that fabrication and all that custom work for 135 hp? You could swap in a correct 4G64, less fabrication, less work, less downtime and more hp ?

Maybe i'm too old or something or I just dont see logic anymore, I dunno but this makes absolutely no sense to me.

Good luck with your choice either way, however.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah bro.... I noticed you only have one post.

You should search the site to see all the info that is posted. Compare the options with your wallet to see which one is viable. There are tons of swaps out there, ranging from mildly $$$ to pretty $$$, both engine and head ....

Just search, read and research.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
^Don't worry you're not getting too old, I don't get it either. Hell I don't understand the point in engine swapping in mitubishis, it's not a simple bolt-in affair like it is with hondas and there's no engines out there that are truly outstanding (ie. you can get damn good power turboing what you have and any engine you get will need to be turboed to be worth it).
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For the Eclipse - anything can be done if you have enough money. As they said, search the site and determine how things will work. Call local shops and see what they'll charge you. Do your HW, because it won't be easy.

Heads to make your 4G94 a MIVEC - not that I know of. And you'd need an ECU and sensors and a lot of stuff. You can't just go "boom, MIVEC!"

As for which is better, I ask "better for what?" What are your goals? What do you want to do with this car?

-------------

My honest opinion - if you spend about $6k, you can get a Road/Race intercooled turbo kit and forged pistons and rods. With other modifications and tuning, you can easily put down WAY MORE HP than you'll have traction for. That's the easiest and best way to make power in the Lancer.

Or, if you're on more of a budget, spend $3k at Road/Race and get a non-intercooled turbo kit. You'll be making twice as much HP as you do now for a great price. And it's a kit that's been proven to be high-quality over and over for 5 years.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I honestly think a lot of people do it just to say they're swapped.

As said, why you'd remove a 120hp engine to put in a 135hp engine is far beyond my understanding. But if it's what you want to do, then have fun and good luck.

Quick Reply: The 4G63 into a Lancer mega merge thread