Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

The 4G63 into a Lancer mega merge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The problem is a lot of the times it's just talk, so far I've only seen 2 people who have actual proof that they swapped a 4G64 or a 4G63 into a lancer.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
^Don't worry you're not getting too old, I don't get it either. Hell I don't understand the point in engine swapping in mitubishis, it's not a simple bolt-in affair like it is with hondas and there's no engines out there that are truly outstanding (ie. you can get damn good power turboing what you have and any engine you get will need to be turboed to be worth it).
Well I am guilty of engine change .... this was due to my 4G93 engine, let's say, "didn't operate due to user error." And for the most part, the engine has been as close to an easy swap as you can get. I didnt think the fitment would be this easy based on the test fits plus the other swapped Mirages I know. That wasn't the problem. Price on the other hand .....

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Heads to make your 4G94 a MIVEC - not that I know of. And you'd need an ECU and sensors and a lot of stuff. You can't just go "boom, MIVEC!"
DISCLAIMER: everything I say is based off the 4G93.

Absolutely correct. The 4G92 MIVEC head is a viable option but there are TONS more factors that need to go into play, including ECU, the conversion from MAS to MAP, parts etc.

My personal take on swaps and I tell this to all the Miragers who ask about swapping 4G63 .... yes, my car should be fast, yes it should be an envy of a lot of people, yes, I will have a better background to make huge power. Would I do it over again, that's 50 / 50. And this is in comparison to my 4G93 overbored block / forged internals / RPW head 4G93 "and a half" setup as before. If you want to swap, go ahead but a nice mild turbo should keep you happy, without having to go forged or built. I spent about 3200 bucks on my complete intercooled setup with full electronics and everything that I could have boosted 10 - 12 psi reliably.