Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Just how much power..

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that would be a BALLIN car (with some exterior mods) that will suprise people. But you have 2 things working against you, Automatic and lack of traction.
Old May 6, 2007, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by iufan4lifeul
that would be a BALLIN car (with some exterior mods) that will suprise people. But you have 2 things working against you, Automatic and lack of traction.
I agree, autos are ok but nothing beats a MT.
Old May 6, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
The mods you mentioned have already been covered and some overlap (what kind of turbo kit doesn't come with a wastegate?). The type of turbo isn't that important, a t-28 or 16g should work fine. You don't need to upgrade the FMIC, evo guys don't do that until they're pushing big power.
Old May 6, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
The mods you mentioned have already been covered and some overlap (what kind of turbo kit doesn't come with a wastegate?). The type of turbo isn't that important, a t-28 or 16g should work fine. You don't need to upgrade the FMIC, evo guys don't do that until they're pushing big power.
I was just restating. Yah, 16G should work fine. The FMIC I meant to say should be a good one. Evo's intercooler is fine. Just not some cheap *** peice of aluminum. (well, obviously)
Old May 6, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just get an Evo. The Oz may have sentimental attachment, but once you get an evo you'll never look back. You can find some used 03's for 18-21K which is a steal. fwd is terrible btw.
Old May 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Yep FWD is terrible. I have to agree with the evo owners, if you can afford it, get an evo. I love my lancer to bits (god knows I defend it all the time) but if I had the money I would gladly sell it and buy a WRX, SRT-4 (gasp!) or, if we had them in Canada, an evo. You can make new memories in a new car. With an evo you start with so much hp from the factory you don't have to worry about things breaking to get to 300+hp. With a lancer this would come with loads of problems as you'd effectively be more than doubling the stock hp.
Old May 6, 2007, 03:04 PM

Duely noted. Thanks dudes

Last edited by Kurt; May 7, 2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old May 7, 2007, 02:50 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Random Hiro
Can you hope to squeeeeze out of an automatic 4G94-OZ, minus the Nos and garbage pine tree air freshener?

For instance I'm looking to make this my daily beater, none of that drag strip nonsense, no autoX, Just town and city but I want that grin when I get out of the car and look back as I walk away.

Just thought I'd ask before I drop several grand and find out I'm only tappin the 200 mark.

I just graduated college and got this car when I started in 03. Told myself I'd do something with it afterwards, so here I am. I saved up a sweet 12 grand and I'm looking to get my hands dirty.

Oppinions? Advice? Atchung?!

My friend's custom turbo setup just put down 181/188 on a Mustang dyno (so figure roughly 215/225 on a DynoJet). If you're happy with that, then go for it. If you want big HP, sell the car and try something else.

Last edited by Kurt; May 7, 2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old May 7, 2007, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
being an auto shouldn't really matter. the transmission is pretty strong and probably wouldn't need to much work. maybe a torque converter. but other than that you'd be fine. and as far as traction goes. The RRM LSD won't work on an auto
so you would need to get "phantom grips" lsd insert.
Also motor mounts
an engine damper.
All that will be around $500 alone.
plus some decent tires. And that'll cover your traction needs

either way your probably not gonna do any of this so it doesn't matter
Old May 7, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

I think if he likes his car... then stop with the get an evo bit. Of course hes thought of it and apperently he cant do it.

Why dont you just spend the dough on a used tranny (400-600), get the pedals, harness and interior peices and swap it to a MT.... If you did it yourself I bet you could do it for under $800 and it would be a great "get your hands dirty" learning experience. This isnt out of the question. It has been done.

I plan to do a huge turbo in the future on my OZ. Keep the dream alive man. I wanna see some big #'s.
Old May 7, 2007, 04:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Random Hiro, please post in a color that is not going to give me and the other members of this forums a splitting headache.

Search this forum. There is a wealth of information here about how to get the most out of the 4G94.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:04 AM

Lightbulb whoop whoop!

Well, the headers, PnP head, CAI, exhaust manifold + CB exhaust and spoiler replacement are done and done. RRM pb ecu should be here in a few weeks along with the pulleys and camshaft. Then I'm taking a trip to washington state (flying) to make sure my grandmother stays well for a few weeks.
Then I'm looking into that RRM IC TK.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

rrm 16g or t28 kit

head work

support mods

250 whp and sleepy as hell
Old May 18, 2007, 06:39 AM

It'll be the uhh.. lemme go check.

T28 IC turbo kit for AT.

Supporting internals I plan to order when I get back, along with the turbo kit, because I'm gonna have to do a little shifting as far as room goes for the TK.

Also, just to mention, since I bought this car I've noticed that 2nd gear lags the most out of all the gears (not much, but it's noticeable). I've checked the injections and sparks (just to make sure) and everything seems fine so I'm guessing this car's second gear (/all of them) sucks stock. But since I made those previously stated upgrades I've felt a noticeable increase in throttle responce and all around get-go.

whoop whoop! I'm on my way to a great car!

Also I've swaped the front grill with the evo 8 grill as of this morning to make it look, dare I say.. less gay! And I also painted my calipers red with this kit I bought from walmart for like 20 bux or something, but the little paint can doesn't do too well down in texas with the berometric pressure and humitity so it popped open, spilling the shiz on the stock trunk carpet layer.

Other than the cosmetic mods mentioned, I won't worry about anything else, IE new body kit etc. I'm gonna keep mine clean and simple. Like a friend said, mine was "all go no show".

Props to you guys, expecially mitsuozboi for stating the obvious; I'm not trading my car in for an EVO because I choose not to and
iufan4lifeul for some pretty good recommendation's and the rest for whatever.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:55 PM

I'm happy with my car as it is, stock. I can't wait to just start adding stuff to make it faster/perform better. I think the Lancer should be a good car if done right that will keep up with most cars out there.

Quick Reply: Just how much power..