Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Just how much power..

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Ah the naivety of noobs.
Old May 18, 2007, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Ah the naivety of noobs.
amby, your too nice.
Old May 18, 2007, 11:02 PM

I, however, am not happy with my car being stock. After growing up with AWD cars and learning how to drive in a legacy gt, this car needs that extra punch or 2 hundred
Old May 19, 2007, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

good luck man^

the drivetrain will be the same, remeber that
Old May 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicas
I'm happy with my car as it is, stock. I can't wait to just start adding stuff to make it faster/perform better. I think the Lancer should be a good car if done right that will keep up with most cars out there.
In this case, "if done right" means spending an ungodly amount to buy every modification possible. Talk to RRM, RPW and Omarboy about getting it up to 300hp...
Old May 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

OT, when did you get a lancer Doug?
Old May 19, 2007, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

OK, After reading a lot of nonsense and "buy an evo" posts, I'm confused. Why do you have OZ ra listed as the car you drive? It's one or the other. Second, unless you're just going for attention and a lot of posts, call RRM (actually speak to Rob, not just buy their parts) and tell them what you want. This can keep you from buying a header AND an exhaust manifold...confusing as well. Contact Omarboy, he has reached a little over 300hp on his lancer (MT though, with custom turbo kit and close to what you're looking to spend). So hey, while we are throwing in all these ideas and what not, a guy in canada spent around 12000 USD to swap an evo engine into his 04 lancer.
Old May 21, 2007, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by drucea
Why do you have OZ ra listed as the car you drive? It's one or the other.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, seems how.. that IS the car I drive.
An engine swap would be rediculous. I'm going to make this even clearer for you people now:
No engine swap.
No EVO buy/trade-in
I'm Not Selling my car.

what else?
I don't know, but hopefuly you get the idea now.
I'll take that advice though and speak with that Rob dude.
Old May 21, 2007, 07:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Random Hiro
I'm not sure what you mean by that, seems how.. that IS the car I drive.
An engine swap would be rediculous. I'm going to make this even clearer for you people now:
No engine swap.
No EVO buy/trade-in
I'm Not Selling my car.

what else?
I don't know, but hopefuly you get the idea now.
I'll take that advice though and speak with that Rob dude.
There is an "OZ Rally Edition" or a "Ralliart" trim level. No Lancer has both. Since most people shorten Ralliart to RA, we're confused.

Then why are you still asking? We tell you over and over what you need to do. What answers are you looking for? Seriously?
Old May 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is funny ....
Old May 26, 2007, 04:19 PM

Ohh okay, sorry.
I just shortened Rally Edition to ra, as in OZ rahhh!
Oh! and when I said "what else?" that was more of a rhetorical question following the list of things that I've already explained what I'm not going to do.

My questions have been answered though, thanks again guys and gals!

Last edited by Random Hiro; May 26, 2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old May 26, 2007, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

If I was personally having a turbo kit put on my car I would definately do a few things as well to the cams/pistons/turbo etc. Reseal the engine. When you get going on internals do a brand new head gasket and ALL gaskets and seals.
Basically you are starting out with a brand new transmission at that point. Invest, as was said before, in things such as the best tires you can find, LSD, and motor mounts. Flush your transmission fluid and if possible have someone reseal and inspect your transmission. You haven't really mentioned anything besides go yet but invest in a nice set of lightweight 16" rims or something and a nice coilover kit. Just some things to keep in mind.

The biggest thing in mind in taking on a big project like this though is do it right the first time. Realize there are weak points in most cars due to the build, age, or abuse of the car. In what your going for, you are hoping the stock engine will TRIPLE its power. If you don't do stuff right the first time, your car will let you know about it

Last edited by iufan4lifeul; May 26, 2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old May 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Random Hiro
Can you hope to squeeeeze out of an automatic 4G94-OZ, minus the Nos and garbage pine tree air freshener?

For instance I'm looking to make this my daily beater, none of that drag strip nonsense, no autoX, Just town and city but I want that grin when I get out of the car and look back as I walk away.
Just thought I'd ask before I drop several grand and find out I'm only tappin the 200 mark.

I just graduated college and got this car when I started in 03. Told myself I'd do something with it afterwards, so here I am. I saved up a sweet 12 grand and I'm looking to get my hands dirty.

Oppinions? Advice? Atchung?!
It depends on what you are racing...a corolla or lightly modded Civic. Anything else will require an Evo.

In all seriousness...save your money and invest it. Use the as a beater until you can afford something faster, as well as maintanence and insurance.
Old May 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

You don't need an evo to be fast, that's an extremely arrogant and close-minded standpoint. For one there are fast cars other than the evo. Secondly, a turboed lancer can beat an evo.
Old May 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
You don't need an evo to be fast, that's an extremely arrogant and close-minded standpoint. For one there are fast cars other than the evo. Secondly, a turboed lancer can beat an evo.
True a turboed lancer can be a evo but that is a small percentage.

Realistically, since this is a Lancer/Mitsu Forum, an evo is a little better platform/starting point if you want to be fast. I would say go with a srt-4 or WRX if you want something cheap that is capable of being very quick cheaply. Nothing against anyone that drives/own anything besides an evo, but how much money is needed before reaching a performance level to compete with an a stock evo....then look at what is needed to compete with lightly modded ones.

Quick Reply: Just how much power..