Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Just how much power..

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Quite a lot of people have turboed lancers, so it's not a small percentage (at least as far as this board is concerned). If all we wanted to do was have a fast car, why buy an evo? For less than half the cost of an evo you could get a civic, do an engine swap and/or turbo it and be able to spank the average evo in a straight line. This isn't about having the "fastest car", it's about taking what we have and making it better. Not everyone can afford an evo and not everyone even has the capacity to own an evo.
Old May 26, 2007, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ambystom01
Quite a lot of people have turboed lancers, so it's not a small percentage (at least as far as this board is concerned). If all we wanted to do was have a fast car, why buy an evo? For less than half the cost of an evo you could get a civic, do an engine swap and/or turbo it and be able to spank the average evo in a straight line. This isn't about having the "fastest car", it's about taking what we have and making it better. Not everyone can afford an evo and not everyone even has the capacity to own an evo.
I agree....it depends on his reason for turbocharging the car. If it is because he loves his lancer and wants to make it quicker by all mean go for it. But if it to whoop up on some cars on the street/track then why not use that money and upgrade in vehicle.

I am having the same debate with my brother...who currently owns an 03 OZ..but his reason is to beats cars.