Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

At the Track Lancer De with pulley Against Lancer GTS Stock Both Manual

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2007, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the Track Lancer De with pulley Against Lancer GTS Stock Both Manual

Well the Today I went to the Track and race 2 Lancer GTS's , I have a Lancer De and every time we raced I pulled away pretty good. I guess the RRM Pulley had alot to do with it . I talked to the guys who had the GTS's and they both ask what I had in my car cause i pulled away every time. Our cars were all Manual . So i gave them road races number..... They ran a Between 16.4 - 16.7 , I ran 15.7-16.0 / 88-89 mph

Last edited by 08LanceRage; Sep 9, 2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: misspell
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

not sure on specs, but is DE lighter than GTS, coz GTS has extras?
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:32 PM

Yes i figured that but wow i Was about 2 cars away from them.... Cool
Old Sep 8, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

What track did you go to. I live in Hesperia, Ca. and am intrested in testin at a track on a saturday
Old Sep 8, 2007, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

The DE is lighter by a few because of all the options, yes.

Also those big pretty 18" rims of ours add a good bit of unsprung weight, and it's a little tougher to get them spinning. That coupled with your mod is going to pull away from them pretty well (as you've shown).

Great numbers though! Glad to see more real-world positives on RRM's new parts!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

I bet they're pissed seeing they paid who knows how much more for that GTS model! LOL
Old Sep 9, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

the GTS is well worth it. It could have been the driver skill too. They probably arent pissed because they are hauling around huge 18's. A gts and a DE are two different cars. I would much rather have my GTS than a DE
Old Sep 9, 2007, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eagles GTS
the GTS is well worth it. It could have been the driver skill too. They probably arent pissed because they are hauling around huge 18's. A gts and a DE are two different cars. I would much rather have my GTS than a DE
Agreed
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
I bet they're pissed seeing they paid who knows how much more for that GTS model! LOL
You dont pay the extra money for a GTS to beat a DE or ES on a track. The GTS has upgraded suspension. Im sure you can put two and two together.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 08LanceRage
Well the Today I went to the Track and race 2 Lancer GTS's , I have a Lancer De and every time we raced I pulled away pretty good. I guess the RRM Pulley had alot to do with it . I talked to the guys who had the GTS's and they both ask what I had in my car cause i pulled away every time. Our cars were all Manual . So i gave them road races number..... They ran a Between 16.4 - 16.7 , I ran 15.7-15.9 / 88-89 mph
of the time sheets.

I can tell you that I ran a 15 flat in my GTS, but it means nothing without slips.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 04:40 PM

Yeah or i can spend 1000 or 2000 and have the same or better set up than the GTS . I paid $14200 for a DE and all I need is a couple thousand to have a GTS set up ....... That will put me around $16200 I paid for my car nice. Yeah it would be nice if i saved the Faded time sheets that I had , and pictures while I was racing and shifting at the same time .... I just wanted to let you guys know that the pulley works . But yeah your right proof is better , I just wasnt expecting the outcome. Next time video for sure

Last edited by 08LanceRage; Sep 9, 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I'm guessing it's more a result of the weight difference, rim difference and driver skill than just the pulley. Let's not forget that a pulley does not add power, it simply allows the motor to rev up easier. Since we don't have a base to work from we have no idea whether the pulley did anything, you might have had the same results stock.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 04:58 PM

Probably bad drivers ? Im not sure ... Your Probably right.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bench racing is a waste of time.

The DE beat the GTSs. Maybe it's the weight, maybe it's the drivers, maybe it's the pulley. We'll never know.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A much better test of GTS vs. DE (or ES) would be driving on a track with curves, not 1/4 mile times. The improved suspension, wider rubber, and bigger brakes should pay dividends when driving means more than just accelerating in a straight line. Lap times, not 1/4 mile times, will determine whether or not the premium paid for a GTS is worth it. As others have mentioned, I would expect the DE to beat a GTS in a straight line because the motors and trannys are the same, but the GTS is saddled with extra weight.

Also, I imagine the body add-ons of the GTS add not only weight, but drag. This may also hinder 1/4 mile times. Does anyone know if these add-ons profide any benefits in terms of reducing lift? Anyone seen any reliable data? Or are they just for show??? If they do provide a useful reduction in lift at track speeds (say, above 70 MPH), then that might also benefit the GTS on a track (a track with curves as opposed to a drag strip).

Quick Reply: At the Track Lancer De with pulley Against Lancer GTS Stock Both Manual