Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ROAD/RACE - 4B11 Header

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FINALLY, i get to the the header. it looks nice! but would this void a warranty? i dont kno these things.. and im not sure, but i might of already asked this... dont think i did though
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

if i put the headers on, would it void a warranty?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
Rock i skimmed over the thread but didnt see anything on if there is a Check Engine light for the Fed Spec?
I wouldn't think that this would cause a CEL. On the Fed spec lancers you don't have to do anything to the cat or the O2 sensors, since they are all down stream from the stock exhaust manifold.

Installation should be a strait forward bolt-on, although you would probably want a lift, since many of the bolts would be easier to reach from below.

Rock, do you include torque specs and a torque sequence? I don't want to risk warping the head.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by slaker138
FINALLY, i get to the the header. it looks nice! but would this void a warranty? i dont kno these things.. and im not sure, but i might of already asked this... dont think i did though
Originally Posted by slaker138
if i put the headers on, would it void a warranty?
he thinks if he asks the question in different ways..he will get a reply faster.. lol this is like any bolt on..if they find that it caused the problem.yes it will void the warranty.. if your worried about engine warranty.. dont even bother putting this on or the pully lol
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brian@RRM

Awsome!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
he thinks if he asks the question in different ways..he will get a reply faster.. lol this is like any bolt on..if they find that it caused the problem.yes it will void the warranty.. if your worried about engine warranty.. dont even bother putting this on or the pully lol

in theory if a header doesnt interfere or interdepend on emissions control equipment then no, it shouldnt void your warranty. Sensors is what dictates when an engine is operating out of spec. If you do not interfere with the sensors or the direct mechanical operation of the engine and related components then you are fine. A pulley techinically would be more voidable then a header in the situtation i explained above.

Now we need to Jetcoat/wrap that bad boy header there.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:41 AM

What are we looking at as far as numbers?? I know tone will change with the header.... and airflw will improve so roughly another 5whp? and a pound or two of tq??
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Numbers are BS. The car will go faster. That is all that matters.

(PS - not trying to be a dick. I'm just getting REALLY tired of watching people bicker about dyno results.)
Old Jan 30, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

^ you and me both. as long as it makes my car faster at the track idc. well in this cars case that is.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 03:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Numbers are BS. The car will go faster. That is all that matters.

(PS - not trying to be a dick. I'm just getting REALLY tired of watching people bicker about dyno results.)
no offense Black, but numbers are very important! Your car may seem faster but its not. If you continually go to the same dyno and dyno each mod you will noe for sure your mod is improving your hp or tq. If your not improving any of those or at least your power curve how the hell do you noe if your car is faster. Without numbers most products aren't worth nothing to me. I got piggy, pully and intake for Fuel economy. so i could care less anyways. our cars are slow period. in my opinion its F/I or nothing.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
no offense Black, but numbers are very important! Your car may seem faster but its not. If you continually go to the same dyno and dyno each mod you will noe for sure your mod is improving your hp or tq. If your not improving any of those or at least your power curve how the hell do you noe if your car is faster. Without numbers most products aren't worth nothing to me. I got piggy, pully and intake for Fuel economy. so i could care less anyways. our cars are slow period. in my opinion its F/I or nothing.
I agree with your last sentence. It is definitely F/I or nothing if you want HP.

Numbers are overrated. When I had my 2002 Lancer, I was WAAAAY happier before I dynoed it. When I found out that all my mods only made 5 whp (93 mighty whp!), I was less than pleased...
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
Numbers are overrated. When I had my 2002 Lancer, I was WAAAAY happier before I dynoed it. When I found out that all my mods only made 5 whp (93 mighty whp!), I was less than pleased...
If numbers are overrated why would you dyno your car in the first place. And then why would you feel bad about your results.

It sounded more like you were reacting to the "numbers" of dollars you spent for 5 whp
Old Jan 31, 2008, 07:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by LancerGTS
If numbers are overrated why would you dyno your car in the first place. And then why would you feel bad about your results.

It sounded more like you were reacting to the "numbers" of dollars you spent for 5 whp
Numbers are overrated. But it's still nice to see them. I got a good deal because a buddy worked at the dyno shop, so I figured I'd see what I was putting down.

It's not so much a reaction. It's an evolution. Over the 5 years I've been playing with imports, I've learned a lot. After putting in my time on EvoM, I've seen lots of dyno sheets. And my opinion of dyno results has changed from my early ricer days.

None of this is on-topic. If you want to continue the conversation, PM me.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 03:32 PM

Just an fyi to everyone, the headers are up on the RRM website, apparently as of the 31st...
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LancerGTS

I think i will chime in on this one, "Dynos for 500"

Dyno use is more about tuning not just trying to pull a max HP or TQ out of a hat. Understanding the compounding tuning changes and upgrade hardware causes shifts in these curves.

That would be the true purpose of a dyno.

The other is just hype about max figures

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE - 4B11 Header