Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ROAD/RACE - 4B11 Header

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Rock, if we recently bought the headers, will we need to purchase the CEL eliminator? If so, how much are we looking at?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you bought PZEV Header and you have a CEL... and it bugs you.. THen yes. That is what it is for...... IT is not for other CELs like a Fujita Intake causes..... Kinda hate answering that email qquestion..... This is for header or testpipe only. Cost will be $89

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
Cost will be $89

ROAD/RACE
shouldnt the CEL eliminator be included free with the PZEV header..?? AND why "$89" when for the other lancers it was only "$19".. 4x the price??

Last edited by cRc`22; Jun 13, 2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
If you bought PZEV Header and you have a CEL... and it bugs you.. THen yes. That is what it is for...... IT is not for other CELs like a Fujita Intake causes..... Kinda hate answering that email qquestion..... This is for header or testpipe only. Cost will be $89

ROAD/RACE
$89...wow..kinda steep
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cRc`22
shouldnt the CEL eliminator be included free with the PZEV header..?? AND why "$89" when for the other lancers it was only "$19".. 4x the price??
Some people do not care about CEL. We can include it but the header will cost $489 for all. Not fair to them. Understand t hat is not steep. IT is an electronic box, like a mini piggyback so $89 is cheap. Originally our cost for these boxes was going to be $79. I talk the the price down so that you guys did not get stuck paying $99 for it.
Remember, these are Lancer specific boxes that are made 20 at a time. The y are not mass produced items that come from overseas. These cost a little bit to make and come with instructions just for your car......... Hope that clears it up.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:16 AM

Rock

I would recommend on your site to sell both the PZEV header and the CEL elim as a package, and still sell the header and the CEL elim as separate components. Let the customer decide if they wants both items. Maybe as a package, you could offer free shipping or some stickers, or something cheap and cool, to make people think they are getting a good deal. If you can't change the price of the items because of your overhead costs of the shop, manufacturing, etc... it's understandable. Just an idea...

Also, does the instuctions talk aboutpossible mounting places for the box? I am ordering the device today for my GTS. I looked at the pic on the site, and I couldn't easily recognize where the wiring from the device will go. Will it also come with everything I need to install, or will I have to go and buy some supplies?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 11:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the cost is fine for what your getting. the performance and pays for itself. I think the cost of the header is low already. I would say those who buy it are lucky its this cheap.

maybe when gas prices come down, maybe they might cut prices, but sometimes its a wonder how small / midsize shops survive when so many economical factors are against them.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Point well taken evo Soul! The RRM headers are already reasonably priced, and the performance is already be proven!
Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:32 PM

One question regarding the CEL eliminator. Will it only remove the error that the headers is causing? If something is wrong with my car later, will the eliminator interfere with the light? I mean, will I still get a CEL regarding other issues?
Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer_styles
One question regarding the CEL eliminator. Will it only remove the error that the headers is causing? If something is wrong with my car later, will the eliminator interfere with the light? I mean, will I still get a CEL regarding other issues?
Was wondering the same thing.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Right it is only for CEL related to HEADER or TESTPIPE. It is not goingto get rid of all CELs caused by various other stuff.
PLEASE DON"T BUY IT UNLESS Y OU HAVE OUR HEADER OR TESTPIPE and you are PZEV car.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

how does the CEL eliminator hook up?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 08:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chetman7
how does the CEL eliminator hook up?
It wires in at the ECU kinda like a piggyback does. Very easy and comes with instructions.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 16, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

oooh, it splices into the wires? damn, I was hoping it "Y"d in between the o2 sensor and the harness.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:48 PM
Former Sponsor

I wish I could satisfy all but I can't. Everyone play with wiring. I have seen worse things on stereo installs! This is no big deal at all.

ROAD/RACE

Quick Reply: ROAD/RACE - 4B11 Header