Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

What exhaust to get?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2007, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exhaust to get?

ive beein looking around for an exhaust for my 05 lancer oz and i havent been able to find that many and when i have they have to be modified to fit the car does anyone no where i can find an exhaust for it? and ive been looking at the greddy evo2 exhaust and have been informed that you will have to add a pipe so that it sticks out of the bumper does anyone no if this is true or have tested it out or anything?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Find the muffler you like. Then, take it to a shop and have them put a on with 2.25 piping. It will save you 300 or more dollars.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

The exhaust modification they mention is having to carve/cut a tad bit of the OZ lip from the inside underneath part of the lip where the exhaust will hang. The tip will touch it causing burning. Do you have the original rear bumper or a matching aftermarket bumper?
Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SLVROZ_03
The exhaust modification they mention is having to carve/cut a tad bit of the OZ lip from the inside underneath part of the lip where the exhaust will hang. The tip will touch it causing burning. Do you have the original rear bumper or a matching aftermarket bumper?
This seems to be the case with both the Evo2 and the TiC with OZ rear bumpers. I don't know if you have a sway bar or not, but if you do, that might get in the way (factory sway bar, not sure, Progress sway bar, probably) and require some altering of a pre-made exhaust vs. a shop making one which could be designed to go around those pieces from the beginning. I have the GReddy TiC and I have had to temporarily remove my Progress sway bar to accommodate the TiC until I can find a good welder.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:23 PM

i do no that but mine is a 05 and they dont make a exhaust for the 05 just the 01-02 i think im not sure wut the yrs were but its not for the 05 and i have an affter market bumper i was told by one other person with a 05 that thay had 2 add a pipe or sumthing and after that i culdnt contact him 4 more info abou it
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Two options for you : 1. Get an entire exhaust setup and take it to a muffler shop for an install. 2. Get any muffler you like and have a muffler shop weld you up a custom catback.

Both of these allow for issues that might come up, but could be easily fixed while there for the muffler tech.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 08:23 PM

Two options for you : 1. Get an entire exhaust setup and take it to a muffler shop for an install. 2. Get any muffler you like and have a muffler shop weld you up a custom catback.

Both of these allow for issues that might come up, but could be easily fixed while there for the muffler tech.
how much do u think going to a muffler shop wuld cost for the 1st one?
Old Dec 4, 2007, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
First thing to figure out is how far you plan on modding the car. If you plan on turboing it, a catback exhaust is a good idea. If you just want sound, save yourself some trouble and some money and just buy a muffler you like and have an exhaust shop weld it on for you.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

^So true! I just wanted a smooth, mellow tune and something to fill the larger opening in the aftermarket bumper...so the Greddy Evo II was a perfect choice! I enjoy it alot and would definitely recommend it. $50 was all it was to install the muffler too; that included a new U-bend pipe behind the muffler to compensate for the sway bar. I don't have any clanking noise with the piping hitting the sway bar. Hooray!

Good luck on your decision...you can't go wrong with either. It's just how deep are your pockets?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 09:50 AM

well my pockets r pretty deep on this one cuz im a spoiled ***** and parents r buying it for me for christmas so i dont care for price as long as its not crazy expensive lol im prolly going to go turbo eventully but def not for awhile cuz my actulle pockets arnt that deep for a trubo but i was goin for the evo2 full exhaust not just the muffler