Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

WARNING! Fujita SRI not compatible with CVT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2007, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WARNING! Fujita SRI not compatible with CVT

If you have a CVT, don't bother ordering one of these yet. If you've already ordered it, don't bother installing it when it arrives.

I just received my Fujita SRI today after days of anxiously waiting. I tried installing it today, but the brace that holds the intake up does not line up with any supposed bolt on the CVT. I'm guessing the transmission is just under the airbox and obviously the CVT and manual are two different transmissions.

I gave Fujita a call and the guy that answered knew what I was going to say as soon as I said I was trying to install on a 2008 Lancer. He said they did prototyping on a manual car, and they've already had complaints from customers with the CVT. He doesn't know what they're going to do about it, but promised they intended to make it right. I'm supposed to email him my info while they figure out what happens next.

I got my stock crap all put back on, and I officially wasted a lot of my evening.
Hopefully they refund my money, send me a return shipping label, and get me a new intake modified for the CVT for free. (That would somewhat ease my frustration.)

I'm assuming they plan to get a CVT in there ASAP. Hopefully it doesn't take them forever to work it out. They don't need to redesign the whole thing...just the brace that keeps the intake from dangling there.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

i figued they would just make one for the manual trans.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

wow thats weird... i didn't know there was a difference.. i thought they would mount it where rrm's sri was mounted on... hmmm
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Drifting Away
i figued they would just make one for the manual trans.
They didn't exclude the CVT purposely.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

that was a dick move on fujita.. u would think they would've tried it on manual and cvt...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:32 PM

shoulda bought a manual hehe just kidding =P that is a bit weird that they didnt prototype on a cvt. hmm i get mine tomorrow cant wait!!
Old Dec 12, 2007, 09:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gggts
If you have a CVT, don't bother ordering one of these yet. If you've already ordered it, don't bother installing it when it arrives.

I just received my Fujita SRI today after days of anxiously waiting. I tried installing it today, but the brace that holds the intake up does not line up with any supposed bolt on the CVT. I'm guessing the transmission is just under the airbox and obviously the CVT and manual are two different transmissions.

I gave Fujita a call and the guy that answered knew what I was going to say as soon as I said I was trying to install on a 2008 Lancer. He said they did prototyping on a manual car, and they've already had complaints from customers with the CVT. He doesn't know what they're going to do about it, but promised they intended to make it right. I'm supposed to email him my info while they figure out what happens next.

I got my stock crap all put back on, and I officially wasted a lot of my evening.
Hopefully they refund my money, send me a return shipping label, and get me a new intake modified for the CVT for free. (That would somewhat ease my frustration.)

I'm assuming they plan to get a CVT in there ASAP. Hopefully it doesn't take them forever to work it out. They don't need to redesign the whole thing...just the brace that keeps the intake from dangling there.

lol smart, real smart.

your telling me they sat on their hands while production is going on, and didnt bother to check out the other car to see if it would fit already?
I cant help but smile at this one. That means now they gotta call up everyone in their distribution chain and put warnings on their devices. or they gotta open every box and put a we are sorry on it. Expect to see alot of Intakes on EBAY for all you 5 speed lovers out there

Not to rip into Fujita but I would be worried about how much R&D these guys did in general about their intake before they released it.

Last edited by evo_soul; Dec 12, 2007 at 09:32 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

That's some stellar R&D on Fujita's part.

Note to self: Don't buy Fujita products.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:15 PM

I spent like 30 minutes trying to determine who the idiot was...me or Fujita. I kept trying to make it work, but it just wouldn't. I desperately wanted to hear some cool noises coming from the engine bay tonight.

I really hope they don't intend to hold my money hostage until they figure it out. I'll give them a day or two.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:16 PM

they should do the right thing; which is have the intake returned to them (at their expense obviously) and fix the problem and send you one that is CVT compatible (again, at their expense)
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:10 AM
Former Sponsor

lol unlikely, mostlikely just refund the money. it will be too much pressure on them and alot of cost to do that. you dont want to bankrupt the poor little company are you lol
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Doh! Oh well doesnt affect me too much. I'm going to wait until the spring or whenever the weather improves for good to buy an intake anyway. Fujita should have a CVT compatible version out by then I imagine.
Old Dec 13, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Well, I just cancelled my order from Powerhouse. They gave me a full refund in about 2 hours
I am a little choked with Fujita, though. But it's water under the bridge - I guess I can now funnel $204 into my Greddy TiC fund
Old Dec 13, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Greddy Ti-C ftw
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
that was a dick move on fujita.. u would think they would've tried it on manual and cvt...
+1,000!

Quick Reply: WARNING! Fujita SRI not compatible with CVT