Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

WORKS Exhale Axle Back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008 | 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah thanks bro. So I guess this is the only muffler-less exhaust for the 08's right now? With RRM, GReddy and the rest all using their own muffler I think.
Old Jan 31, 2008 | 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

Anyone make a full exhaust yet?
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 12:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ok something weird happened... the exhaust became really quite compared to the first 100 miles... i dunno what happened but i think the car adjusted to the exhaust and i dunno..but all i can say is when i accelerate now its nice and deep
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 03:13 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
ok something weird happened... the exhaust became really quite compared to the first 100 miles... i dunno what happened but i think the car adjusted to the exhaust and i dunno..but all i can say is when i accelerate now its nice and deep
Double check the alignment of the flange between the OEM pipe and the WORKS muffler. It should be centered up, but has a little bit of potential movement due to the variance in pipe diameters. If it sits off to the one side or the other, it may not create a solid seal, which would lead to a little more noise. I suppose if that was the case, it could have somehow centered itself, but I don't know Just take a peak and see.

For those that missed the pics located on previous pages, yes the WORKS Exhale AB is a bolt-on exhaust that replaces the OEM muffler:
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 03:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

well im not complaining about how its not loud anymore. actually i really like it now..
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
Double check the alignment of the flange between the OEM pipe and the WORKS muffler. It should be centered up, but has a little bit of potential movement due to the variance in pipe diameters. If it sits off to the one side or the other, it may not create a solid seal, which would lead to a little more noise. I suppose if that was the case, it could have somehow centered itself, but I don't know Just take a peak and see.

For those that missed the pics located on previous pages, yes the WORKS Exhale AB is a bolt-on exhaust that replaces the OEM muffler:
installed moment ago. vibrate a lot when the engine on. my back can feel it while driving. any solutions?
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 05:56 PM
Account Disabled

Oooh, sounds bad
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 06:41 PM

soundwise.deeper than the video clip on youtube.beautiful deep tone at low rev. get really LOUD once you hit 2000 rpm. before or after than is all good.
not sure my car is fed or pzev. its canadian version.

Last edited by tankk; Feb 1, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2008 | 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the update guys I would love to order this any day, just waiting for the weather to warm up here so I can actually install this thing! Unfortunately it looks like its gonna be -15 to -20 for a while longer here bah!
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 12:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by tankk
soundwise.deeper than the video clip on youtube.beautiful deep tone at low rev. get really LOUD once you hit 2000 rpm. before or after than is all good.
not sure my car is fed or pzev. its canadian version.
i feel ya.. lol if you use the manual mode.. its really fun.. btw welcome to the straight pipe club LOL
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

i just got mine today! - purchased it off a member here who returned his back to stock.
i’m so excited to put it on!!!
…i’d also love to rep WORKS some WORKS decals…*hint hint* lol
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 10:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by razo
i just got mine today! - purchased it off a member here who returned his back to stock.
i’m so excited to put it on!!!
…i’d also love to rep WORKS some WORKS decals…*hint hint* lol
hahaha send jamie an email... i should be getting some soon. right jamie???
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 10:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

installed moment ago. vibrate a lot when the engine on. my back can feel it while driving. any solutions?
hey tankk.. did you make sure you put the bushings on right that hold the exhaust???
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by krnkimchi702
hey tankk.. did you make sure you put the bushings on right that hold the exhaust???
i think so . i went to a muffler n break shop ask them to do it. and they said the OEM have a left hanger,but this one doesnt. thas why it shake a lot. anyway i went back today n they fixed it. they just put a small piece of rubber on the right hanger.
Old Feb 2, 2008 | 03:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i think so . i went to a muffler n break shop ask them to do it. and they said the OEM have a left hanger,but this one doesnt. thas why it shake a lot. anyway i went back today n they fixed it. they just put a small piece of rubber on the right hanger.
u can move those hangers to fit into the exhaust.. i couldn't picture what you were saying..sorry but yeah you can put the hangers where you want it... so it should be all good...

Quick Reply: WORKS Exhale Axle Back