Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

WORKS Exhale Axle Back

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2008 | 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

theres no such thing as loud for exhaust in my opinion if i could id go no muffler,cat, nothing. just straight pipe
Old Jan 1, 2008 | 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

why do you want your car to sound like a jet engine when it has 120-150 hp? i honestly don't want to hear the exhaust at all and i think it's terrible when i see a car in the distance going 25 that i can hear over all the rest on the road.
just personal preference i guess.

a friend of mine has a 1959 ford truck that is quieter than that thing is on the driveby and all it has is a pipe lol.

yes i have never heard a muffler before. :/ i'm ****in amish and our buggies all have silencers.

Last edited by David Kelly; Jan 1, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2008 | 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

^ i just like the sound of engine. thats all lol

in fact my ringtone on my fone is a 427 crate engine starting up, idle then reving
Old Jan 1, 2008 | 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

I love the way it sounds, not obnoxiously loud, but deeper and more pronounced.
Old Jan 1, 2008 | 12:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
theres no such thing as loud for exhaust in my opinion if i could id go no muffler,cat, nothing. just straight pipe
Maybe you have never stood next to a hard banging Harley Motorcycle before, stand behind it and your dead from sound shrapnal
Old Jan 1, 2008 | 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

ive stood next to straight exhaust top fuel dragster before.... not doing a 1/4 mile run, but idling and reving n stuff. its crazy loud!
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 10:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

On-topic, fellas. Get there.
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 10:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Getting back on topic (lets thank our threatening moderator) heheh joking

The exhaust looks pretty solid and should make great high end power, no buts about it, its a great straight thru axleback.
One thing to point out for those of us in Ontario and I am assuming the rest of Canada, its a good idea to be aware that techinically its not exactly permitted to operate our cars without a muffler. And if many of you are from Ontario you know how friendly our officers can be when it comes to giving tickets. The noise looks like it could pass, but in the case when there is doubt....

Let me dust off this old Highway traffict Act.... (cough cough)

http://www.yorkregionsavealife.com/Erase/rear.htm
Second as reference but section 75 of our highway safety act here in Ontario and i am sure its similar in all other provinces throughout canada states

HTA75 (1)
"All cars, trucks and motorcycles need to be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise and excessive smoke. Use of a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, Hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device is prohibited. "

110$ fine, but that fine can ballon up to 300+ getting nailed for excess noise and so on. The cops might as well start pistol whipping us

Your odds are low of getting caught but its just something to be aware of in Canada. Maybe someone out West in vancouver and Calgary can tell ya if they have the same law as they do in Ontario.

Cheers
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the info evo soul.

One of the design goals with the majority of our products has been to stay under the radar. WORKS isn't about being flashy. The benefit of the OEM muffler placement is that it's tucked up underneath the bumper cover, so it would be hard to notice if it were missing. In fact, the WORKS SPEED World Challenge Lancer has no rear exhaust pipe on it and it's really not that noticeable--visually The Exhale AB does have a more slightly larger tip, but blends well with the shape of the bumper cover. Not having a muffler canister means there's no shiny can at the rear half of the car attracting unwanted attention. Frankly, we aren't missing it as Bladed gave a pretty good summary of the sound: deeper and more pronounced without being obnoxious.
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

^ exactly. no rice needed!
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

^ exactly my point of view , greddy's , speed element , and injen all look like rice exhaust to me , all big canisters with 4 inch tips . Let's say i get arrested with a big canister and make noise well they will most likely see it and give me a ticket . I had the experience with my previous car .
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

i guess anything with a canister now is ricey. Even our stock canister is ricey damn it! damn gas tank looking ricey muffler! damn you to hell!
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 03:18 PM
Former Sponsor

haha well then, arrest me for for my canister, its the biggest of all lol
Do i qualify for rice factor
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

lol the only canisters i find to be rice are the big round ones like speed element or greddy .
Old Jan 2, 2008 | 05:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

BTW - those of you who've seen some "performance" exhausts know that the canister is a joke. When I looked inside my GReddy Evo2 "muffler", it was basically a resonator shaped like a muffler.

Works isn't doing anything new or different. They're just being honest about it.

Quick Reply: WORKS Exhale Axle Back