Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Fujita SRI honest review and VIDEOS!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujita SRI honest review and VIDEOS!

Ok so i just installed my Fujita SRI a couple days ago and after some driving decided to do a short review and post some videos.

Initially i was pleased with the looks/feel/sound of the SRI. The install was simple and easy. The instructions were clear and easy for people like me who arent all that confident installing parts on a car. Overall it took me 30-45 min to install.

The intial sound was great. It sounds like its really gulping in the air and when you really step on the gas it opens into a nice aggresive sound.

I can feel a SLIGHT gain in the low end. Nothing major as expected but still i think its worth the money. That rounds out the good now for the bad...

The dreaded CEL/SES yep i got it after about 2 days of driving. The fix was unplug battery and pump brakes let it sit for 20-30 min and reconnect the battery. That made it go away. We will see if it comes back. If it does then I'm not sure what will fix it but that in my mind points to bad design by fujita. Other than the SES light coming on thats only the real bad thing other than me stripping out one of the threads for the MAF sensor screw now im gonna have to rethread the hole .

Overall i give it a 7.5 outta 10 and def recommend it if your going for a SRI and you have a 5 speed. Pros being the look/feel/sound and the Cons being the SES light and i know im not the only one who has got it. Now for the videos

Video 1: Just reving it up in my garage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR2VWpMXL_Q

Video 2: Driving down the road (I love how it sounds)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMByUsDLT6Y

Bonus video: Another one driving but this one is black because the camera is down by the pedals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpEG_O9XnRA
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

i think its your maf sensor thats givin u the light. u said you striped it, so then its prolly loose?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by 08LancerEVO
i think its your maf sensor thats givin u the light. u said you striped it, so then its prolly loose?
i had the light before i stripped the thread...im sure it is the MAF sensor im just hoping the battery disconnect fixed it. so far so good
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:55 PM

Awesome videos I cant wait to get mine, just so you know, you shouldnt get the cel again, all that is needed is to dissconnect the battery during install (or in your case after) and the computer will learn and adapt to the new amount of air. I think that you will be fine. anyways awesome videos. have fun!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

The SES light is a problem with fijita SRI , the MAF sensor fits loose and there's an an leak , Disconnecting the battery will make the SES go away but it will come back i garanty you . And BTW disconnecting the battery does not reset the fuel maps that the ECU store or optimize so its pointless to do that on the 08 lancer ... let the ECU do its job .
Old Dec 28, 2007, 04:38 AM
Account Disabled

Actually Nosman, Disconnecting the battery is teh best thing you can do on every car after you mod it.

Example : my 4gen eclipse i installed a magnaflow catback and i lost 5whp to what i had with my axleback! So while i was on the dyno i said hold on i reset the computer for 10mins. let the car adjust for like 10more mins. You can tell teh car is adjusting cause the engine was at operating temps adn the rpm would rise and fall. But the point is i regained my 5whp and 5whp more like i was suposed to over my axle back.

I belive resetting the car is a must after every mod.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nosman
The SES light is a problem with fijita SRI , the MAF sensor fits loose and there's an an leak , Disconnecting the battery will make the SES go away but it will come back i garanty you . And BTW disconnecting the battery does not reset the fuel maps that the ECU store or optimize so its pointless to do that on the 08 lancer ... let the ECU do its job .
hmm the seal seem very tight when i installed it so i doubt thats the issue (not saying it could be) but i havent had the light since i reset my battery.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow...this Fujita intake is shaping up to be a real winner
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by timothy
hmm the seal seem very tight when i installed it so i doubt thats the issue (not saying it could be) but i havent had the light since i reset my battery.

of course its tigth , but im sure you have a gap around the MAF like other poeple have , seems like the place where you screw the MAF are a bit too long and keep a gap with the MAF andintake . take pics
Old Dec 28, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

here's a pic taken from another forum with poeple having the same problem

looks like you will need to cut down the steppers 1/16 in order to clear the gap between the MAF and the intake .

Last edited by Nosman; Dec 28, 2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 10:29 PM

I was wondering if you can keep the stock air damn in, like with the rrm sri.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, too bad I'm getting the Injen CAI.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by phalenCAN
I was wondering if you can keep the stock air damn in, like with the rrm sri.
yes looks better that way imo
Old Jan 9, 2008, 03:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by timothy
yes looks better that way imo
It's not about looks. It's about airflow.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
It's not about looks. It's about airflow.
i realize that..i was just stating that IMO it looks nicer/cleaner with the stock air dam in place

Quick Reply: Fujita SRI honest review and VIDEOS!