Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Torque... or lack thereof

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque... or lack thereof

I feel like a dumbass posting this because i saw a thread simliar to this before i got my car... but im an internet retard and can't find the thread here >. lets face it... you can hit 140 in the 08 and feel like your cruising at 65... aside from the tb11 header is there any other gains for low end torque? will the 1lb aluminum pulley give you more high end? i don't know about a lot of you but i like to be able to feel my acceleration... my m8 has a scion with header exhaust pulley and intake... has much more HP than my stock 08ES but i still beat him quite easily (becasue i have a manual tranny i guess) but i feel like i get sucked into his seat in his car.. i want that torque in mine >.<
Old May 28, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

You "feel" it more as a passenger because you don't know it's coming....

If you're "beating him quite easily", then you have more torque and HP... or he just doesn't know how to drive....
Old May 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlitzDragon6
Iaside from the tb11 header is there any other gains for low end torque? will the 1lb aluminum pulley give you more high end?
Having own both products you speak of, Id say that the header is THEE most suprising mod for the car. (engine wise) For two reasons, 1) it's much more quiet then any header i've ever heard for any 4 banger. 2) The response from the low end is much more pleasant than not having headers at all. Those of us that have the header remember how much it sucked to have that lame bog from 2nd gear as you try to climb the power-band. Nothing ever happened until Mivec. Now that i have the headers i don't need mivec to get me moving. So that's why it helps the low end so much. The Stock piece sucks.

The pulley will only net you a quicker response from throttle. You'll notice your needle jumps a weeeee bit quicker than the stock set-up. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's top-end favorable. More for that initial get-up-n-go

Originally Posted by BlitzDragon6
i don't know about a lot of you but i like to be able to feel my acceleration...
Dude join the club. who the hell would spend money "HOPING" $hit works? The reviews are what sold me on the products, so i bought em. Im not the type to be the first to try $hit. not in my car.
Old May 28, 2008, 02:20 PM

nunyas.. i think its becuase his car might be heavier and its auto but a stock 07 tc comes with 161hp (then again maybe thats at the crank and whp may be lower) his mods add about 19 hp all together but im just thinking its becuase i get off the line so much faster...

evolve.. thanks for the input i appreciate that... i just got my spoiler on my ES windows done and a 1000w amp w/ a 12" sub... so next paycheck its time to work on the upgrades :-]

was going to mod first... but the back end of the lancer just falls off... it looks incomplete w/o the spoiler so that was a MUST
Old May 28, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

i just noticed you're in N. Hollywood. Im a local guy too. Perhaps we can all meet up sometime. I've met some cool people from these boards that are local.

I've got pretty much most of the rrm suspension parts and majority of their go-parts.

and i feel ya on the look without the spoiler. Looks too 'grocery-getter' for my taste. Spoiler FTW
Old May 28, 2008, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

could be the weight of the car... could be he doesn't know how to launch an auto... *shrug*

I have to also agree on the rear spoiler... too bland without one
Old May 29, 2008, 12:07 PM

i got it installed for 80$ walked in guy told me 100, washed my car said 80 bucks... guy was really cool, he's going to do my grill and CF hood when i get them. debage and paint my tail lights ^^
Old May 29, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Speaking about torque issues; especially coming off the line...........trying to decide on getting the RRM headers, or the Piggy?! Already have the SRI, axelback, and lightweight pulley......the difference in $$$ is very marginal, so not even a issue really. Thanks fellas for your input! By the way, I have a manual tranny if that makes a difference for performance with these 2 add ons?!
Old May 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

headers first
Old May 29, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

haha i debadged my car as SOON as i got home. my first mod. awwwwwww *cries*
Old May 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
Speaking about torque issues; especially coming off the line...........trying to decide on getting the RRM headers, or the Piggy?! Already have the SRI, axelback, and lightweight pulley......the difference in $$$ is very marginal, so not even a issue really. Thanks fellas for your input! By the way, I have a manual tranny if that makes a difference for performance with these 2 add ons?!
This depends on you my freind.

The piggy pays for itself with the gas savings.

The header puts a smile on your face when you mash the gas.

So it's up to you.
Old May 29, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

You know I want that S@#t eating grin on my face! Don't care much about the few $$$ I would save on the Amoco card! LOL
Old May 29, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Then headers it is. I have a vid of my car with Injen CAI, Pulley, Piggy, Axle-back, and Headers if you'd like a link.

My car is quiet as hell compared to my original set-up with the Injen Catback exhaust, it was too loud. Now i went back to stock mid-piping and RRM Axle-back. Not regretting it.
Old May 29, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yes Sir!!!!!! That would be great if you could send me that link! I tried to get on this forum over a year ago, when I had my Ralliart, and just this week found my password and login in my old email account! LOL Got NEWBIE ITIS now!!
Old May 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

EVOLVE : Sounds like the Piggy is more for Economy, and the Header is more for Spirited driving then? Did you install yourself?

Quick Reply: Torque... or lack thereof