Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Crankshaft Pulley

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just used the impact gun to put it back on, I couldnt get it to stop spinning with the torque wrench.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ballou11
I just did a timing belt change on my 03 OZ automatic, and I'm trying to figure out how to torque this bolt back on.
The only two ways I've seen is to block the flywheel through the starter window, or to get that special tool to hold the pulley in place while you torque it.

Is there any other way?
I did mines very accurately like this with a snap on electric impact wrench.... Pra rarara rara, pra ra ra, pra rara.... and by the third pra rara it barey moved... think it should be enough.... figure it came off fairly easily with the impact so putting it on should be about the same...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sykou
I did mines very accurately like this with a snap on electric impact wrench.... Pra rarara rara, pra ra ra, pra rara.... and by the third pra rara it barey moved... think it should be enough.... figure it came off fairly easily with the impact so putting it on should be about the same...
I used a similiar technique...figured once the impact wrench stopped spinning the bolt and started spinning the pulley it was on tight enough...400 ft-lbs of torque should be enough

Just changing the pulley and not doing timing is very easy.

Also the mark on the RRM pulley doesn't matter because ultimately you remove that so the pulley on the sprocket behind it matters more. Also once you line up the camshaft, your are at TDC on the crank