Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

headers; kamikaze or rrm

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headers; kamikaze or rrm

thinking about getting headers. kamikazee or rrm?
Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Id say RRM... Coz id say it would be easier to get help or contact them if somethin goes wrong... Which i doubt it... RRM sells tight products...
Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man do a search on the kamikazee header its has a horrible reputation but there is also the rpw header, i personaly have the rrm one its nice
Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:56 AM

just installed the rrm header bout 4 days ago! great top end gains...especially hittin the freeway! i'd say go with the rrm header....like speedzz said help is easy to get with rrm.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

i got the kamikaze header and i love it
Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

I got the kamikaze...nice gains in the top end also. No regrets at all.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:22 AM

hmm im confuse now.dont know which to get. its pretty even then huh.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:47 AM

Do a search. There was a poll some time ago with an extensive thread. Personally, it was a toss up between the RRM and RPW headers for me. RRM has a reputation on this forum second to none and their headers have the ceramic coating. RPW has the downpipe included however there is no ceramic coating and the only source for RPW products (Vision Import) has had some negative press in this forum. My personal experience with them is iffy. Upon calling RRM their shipping was about $20. The Vision Imports quoted their shipping at $65; stating there was a $45 import fee. That puts the RPW header at almost $100 more. If the prices were closer I would probably go with the RPW headers. They have been working with Mitsu cars for some time and their collections of mods for the Lancer is second to none. However, personally, If I had the spare cash I would go the RRM. I bought my CAI from them and got it the very day they said it would arrive. They work hard coming up with products for the Lancer, ROCK-rocks, they frequently have excellent sales and I have yet to see any negative comments regarding their company. Thank you RRM.

Now after all that, If you want to see any significant performance increase in your vehicle save up for the RRM bolt on turbo kit. N/A performance increase path = intake, exhaust (CAT including test pipe), headers, bored out TB, and now thanks to RRM ecu upgrade. Approximate cost just a little over $2100. RRM bolt on non-intercooled turbo kit $3000. In my opinion well worth the extra grand for the significant increase your gonna see. Also shortly we should be seeing the supercharger being finished. I'm really interested in seeing what that produces. At this point I'm not buying any other N/A upgrades since every dollar I spend on an extra micron of horsepower or torque takes that dollar away from the turbo kit and nirvana.

Last edited by Dr. Ray; Aug 22, 2003 at 08:46 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2003, 07:56 AM

my personel experience with the rrm is great....and i hear the kamikaze has great gains....but support rrm, and theyll keep supportin our lancers
Old Aug 22, 2003, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

I hear Kamikaze's bang the underside of your car if it is lowerd. RRM's fits with there turbo if thats any help. Supposeply you get a hair more power out of RPW(it comes with a downpipe). All will make your car loud( like a honda). Kam is cheepest, RPW is most exspensive. RRM is the only company that really supports the US Lancer all around. I have an RRM(will be turboing in the future) It's a little louder than I wanted, gives nice gains on the highway and is ceramic coated. No header is going to give you 20 HP at the wheels, so don't let HP #'s change your mind because they will all do about the same. RRM might keep a little more torque down low and the other two may give you a little more on top, But in a car that redlines so low, What top?
Old Aug 22, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Go with RRM dude. I actually had bad luck with them. First downpipe broke in flex area and was sputtering exhaust out under engine. Just got replacement one a week ago in from them, and that one was not bent properly. Everytime I started car, dowpipe hit underbody of car. I had to take it in to Midas and they had to bend it about a quarter inch.