Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Fujita Intake Problem

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fujita Intake Problem

I have a problem with my Fujita Intake... It keeps turning on the SES Light. I know there are topics on this already, but the fix is to get the new replacement pipe. I was sent the new pipe to begin with. When the first pipe turned on the SES light i called fujita they sent me a new pipe... the pipe is the EXACT same pipe i had i nthe first place... so i tried it and same issue, so then they send me a 3rd pipe and yet same SES light. i have 3 Fujita intakes at my house just sitting around because they all turn on my SES. The SES does not turn on instantly, it will take a couple hours to a day to turn on.

Each pipe i checked to make sure everything was tight and there wasnt a leak somewhere, and yet everything looked fine. The one thing i did not do when i installed the intake was disconnect the battery. I have never done so on ANY car ive installed intakes on, could it be different for the lancer?

I have a 2008 GTS PZEV CVT, i dont know if the PZEV or CVT may be the issue or not. I've had these intakes since they released the new pipe, so its been a while driving without an aftermarket intake.

I would appreciate any information regarding this.

Last edited by Khoranic; Sep 16, 2008 at 05:39 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is not the pipe, it is Fujita's design that is flawed. Our MAF sensor is extremely sensitive, if air doesnt hit the sensor just right, it will trigger a code.

Send it back if you cant send it back sell it on ebay with the full story and see if anyone is willing to try their luck on it.

I suggest buying an RRM or Injen intake they do not have any CEL issues that I know of.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

haha fujita

how did fujita manage to screw this one up ? I made my own intake the main part i made was the maf sensor "holder" and it works fine, I used it for about 5 months until I got my 09 and never once had a sel
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Not enough R&D. Period, and you know what alot of companies out there skimp on the R&D release something rushed, slap a sticker on it and try to sell.

then it screws up and costs a fortune to fix, this is there second version of this intake. the first one was for Manual only any, they assumed it would work for the CVT or didnt even check to see if there was another transmission.

sigh
Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Epic fail by Fujita.
I always see them on Ebay, I dont believe they sell very well. I'd call Fujita, throw a fit, and see if you can send all the pipes back to them, and get your money back. I doubt you'd get what you paid for it on ebay.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

well actually i only paid $80 for it shipped brand new straight from fujita (got a good deal on it).. so thew money is no big issue, just a pain in the *** that these people suck so bad.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:09 PM

well since you have 3 now.. just sell all three for a fraction of the price... and altogether.. you'll make more money
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, you could do that too. Use the money and get an Injen or RRM, if you need info on which one to get, just scroll down the Engine tech forums and look for posts about them.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

modify

try modifing the fujita intake.

im curious to find out what exactly with the maf input on the intake is causing the problem.

the maf sensor could be sitting to high or to low inside the piping, odds are it is too low, adding a 1/4" spacer or something could fix it.

would be something to investigate cuz then you would have 2 extra intakes that could be easily modified to sell
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:46 PM

i had this same problem i emailed fujita, they said i need a proof of my purchse. well i got the intake as a gift and didnt have the reciept so i just repositioned my maf and now driving 800+ miles and no SES light. i had to position the maf so the arrow on it was pointing directly along with the pipe.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

hmm, i've never had to send them a proof of purchase.. but i also have a sponsorship with them.. which could be why... (hench why i got the intake for the amount i stated above).

But um, i emailed them, They have a V3 pipe comming out in a couple weeks, the will be sending it out to me instantly when they get it in... Here's proof of it for all the skeptics.

Here is the email they sent me.

Joseph,

I do have another version that hasn't arrived as of yet. I will get you taken care of as soon as I get them in. I am guessing about 2 weeks but that is not guaranteed. As soon as we get some in I will send it out to you.

Regards,

Ryan Tsuboi (RT)
Fujita Air
41715 Elm St. Ste. 101-103
Murrieta, CA 92562
Tel 951-834-9290 x110
Fax 951-834-9291
www.F5air.com
Aim: F5airRT (Wholesale Only)

So when i recieve it, ill install it and let you guysknow how it works out. If it is finally fixed, i will suggest to anyone who has V2 to call them up and get an exchange.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

I had to modify mine to get rid of the SEL. I machined down the 2 screw posts so that the MAF sits flush against the holder, then liberally applied some high-heat silicone around the base of the sensor to get rid of any potential leaks. I've been running the setup for 9 months now with no problems.

Oh, and if you don't have access to a machine shop, a file works just as well
Old Sep 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, i was thinking of maybe modding one of the intakes to work but they have the new version comming out, so lets see if it addresses all of the issues.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

intake

anyway i could get one of those intakes from you to see if i can come up with a fix ?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:05 PM

ok the first time with the intake u gave me i got the SES light in 30 miles. now i took the o ring of the sensor and i been driving for almost 60 miles and no SES light. i will let u know when i get more driving in.