Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

ok, injectors question..

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ok, injectors question..

i got tired of searching. after 200 forum threads im making my own and asking.. cuz im more confused now by so many people saying different things in other threads

can someone explain the differences in injectors that Lancer guys need.

Low Impedence? or high?.. what is needed in modifying for larger injectors (physically larger i mean).. is there a specific end or tip anything like that thats needed for them to fit.. or are all injectors pretty much universal..
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

will a set of Precision 680cc Injectors work on a lancer, if they are for an evo.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should have just added to an existing thread, because now, the next person behind you that searches for injectors, has 201 threads to sift through now... Just trying to be more user friendly

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
can someone explain the differences in injectors that Lancer guys need.

Low Impedence? or high?.. what is needed in modifying for larger injectors (physically larger i mean).. is there a specific end or tip anything like that thats needed for them to fit.. or are all injectors pretty much universal..
- High impedance, or low impedance with resistors inline to change the resistance.

- Longer fuel rail bolt in most cases; maybe an o-ring in isolated cases

- all injectors are not universal. They differ in impedance, nozzle-type, electrical connectors, flow rates etc etc.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Search for WRX injectors.

Here I'll help you.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...54&postcount=5
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

ok .. differ in impedance, nozzle-type, electrical connectors, flow rates?

ive been trying to look up our fuel system specs all morning.. what type of nozzle, and ohms do we use.. (im assuming Low impedance/resistance (peak & hold) 0.5-6 Ohms)

Bosch style top, or denso style top? or something else..

these questions seem to go unanswered in every thread that i looked through, or if someone gave an answer, they were the one asking in the next thread.

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 30, 2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bcollinstex
Search for WRX injectors.

Here I'll help you.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...54&postcount=5
i was asking about types of injects.. as in there specifications, style, size, nozle.. i dont care what cars i can get them from.. im trying to order new ones..
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

I was giving you a list I found that are direct drop ins. Just trying to help.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

^^ thanks

ok well.. maybe that did tell me something.. the rx7 is high impedence.. so are we high impedence also?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AirQuez
pay attention to the impedance of the injectors. Evos are low (as are most performance cars) and ours are high impedance..

ok so.. we are high impedance, how what about what style tip?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KillahB
- High impedance, or low impedance with resistors inline to change the resistance.

- Longer fuel rail bolt in most cases; maybe an o-ring in isolated cases

- all injectors are not universal. They differ in impedance, nozzle-type, electrical connectors, flow rates etc etc.
Originally Posted by AirQuez
pay attention to the impedance of the injectors. Evos are low (as are most performance cars) and ours are high impedance..

ok so.. we are high impedance, how what about what style tip? and connectors that we need..
off of everything that ive been told.. would these work? there saturated injectors(aka high impedance) http://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injec...550-P31C6.aspx or do i need the denso style top.. cuz i think the wrx injectors are the bosch, i may be completely wrong

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Oct 30, 2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

our stock injectors are high (15ohm) impedence, saturated, and the nozzle is a four hole design. i think that its better to have more for better atomization.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

ok so.. we are high impedance, how what about what style tip? and connectors that we need..
off of everything that ive been told.. would these work? there saturated injectors(aka high impedance) http://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injec...550-P31C6.aspx or do i need the denso style top.. cuz i think the wrx injectors are the bosch, i may be completely wrong
well the wrx injectors are direct replacement without modification. so it should connect up.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

I just learned something. I thought when you changed your user name, that older posts would also change their usernames. But apparently not, since that old thread still has me under my old name AirQuez....

If push comes to shove, you can get information directly from the source i.e. just go to your car and pull off one injector and look at it and compare it to the RC ones. It's better to have direct information from your car than to get information which could be misinformation. Just go to your car, disconnect one injector and compare it with the RC's to make sure. You can compare the clips / size / relative length etc. That way you know firsthand. They *should* fit but the best way to know if to get one of your own injectors and see (just lube the o-ring on it before you re-install it).

And realize too that those injectors are 100 a pop. That is 400 bucks you would be spending on injectors where you might find other comparable options cheaper elsewhere.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KillahB
And realize too that those injectors are 100 a pop. That is 400 bucks you would be spending on injectors where you might find other comparable options cheaper elsewhere.
yep. good point. i think ill stick to the wrx injectors for now.