Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Rrm V2 Sri Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't read all the posts in this thread so excuse me if this has already been asked/addressed.

I watched the clip for the stock intake vs the V2. Very impressive sounding.

I was wondering how the V2 stacked up against the Takeda SRI? They claim 20 HP and 20 foot lbs (i know, i know, lol). The thing that i liked was their intake had a box that clipped onto the stock intake system. This seems that it would be a poor mans CAI because it wouldn't sucking in air from the bay. Also, curious if anyone has clip of the Takeda SRI sound with a stock exhaust?
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by unkSauce
I haven't read all the posts in this thread so excuse me if this has already been asked/addressed.

I watched the clip for the stock intake vs the V2. Very impressive sounding.

I was wondering how the V2 stacked up against the Takeda SRI? They claim 20 HP and 20 foot lbs (i know, i know, lol). The thing that i liked was their intake had a box that clipped onto the stock intake system. This seems that it would be a poor mans CAI because it wouldn't sucking in air from the bay. Also, curious if anyone has clip of the Takeda SRI sound with a stock exhaust?
We encourage guys to leave the snorkel tube in place to point cool air at the intake but length is the key to power and not temps of air. I am not saying that does not matter but the length is the key. We nailed that. I think it stacks up with Takeda just fine. The thing is I DO NOT BELIEVE THOSE numbers. IF they put a dyno sheet somewhere it was made in a paint program, Sorry but 15%ish gains is B.S. so I got to call it. I can say that it rates but it realistic to be more like 5-10% gains depending on other mods. What is key to making ANY intake work right on Lancer, CVT FOR SURE, is do a piggyback and timing box. When you see the stock fuel curves, you will understand where all the power is hiding out Good thing is that power is hiding right in plain site with fuel curves if you get a chance to see them. Intake , piggy, timing box and pulley is the first round of your upgrade path for power in a Lancer whether it is 2.0 or a 2.4 liter.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 28, 2011, 06:30 AM

I had a chuckle when i saw the 15% gains as well. I am still under warranty and don't wanna void it with a piggy back and timing box. From what i have read i can get away with an intake but once i mess with programing i don't have a prayer if something does go wrong.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Piggy is 5 wires. 3 "T" in and 2 connect to the one wire that gets cut. It is easy to remove in a pinch. Meantime, they still have to prove it cause issues. Avoid it by removing it. Again. Only ONE wire gets cut to install a piggy! It is worth it in power and even better mileage.

ROAD/RACE
Old Jun 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't recommend the piggy back if you're worried about your warranty. Yes you can remove the box, but you still have to hope they don't notice the spliced wire you previously cut. As for proving cause, dealers are shady. They save a lot of money by voiding your warranty, have every right to do so, and most likely will.

For about the same price you can ship your ecu to Works who will apply the tune and then ship it back to you. Simply plug & play and best of all undetectable to the dealership. The ecu can be reprogrammed back to stock if needed and comes with a warranty from Works. If the dealer reflashes your ecu to stock for whatever reason Works will retune it for free. For example, user EVOLUTION X MR from projectlancer brought his car to the dealer after the Works flash and they updated his ecu which caused it to crash. They simply assumed the ecu was defective because they don't really have the tech or know-how to find the tune and ordered a new one. In this case the Mitsu warranty covered the new ecu and Works then reflashed it for free.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 06:49 AM

Interesting....... Voiding the warranty is a HUGE issue for me. Cutting wires just seems to risky. What kinda gains does works advertise and do you have a link on more info? I live in an area with only 1 mitsu dealership and they may have 2-3 mitsus on the lot at any given time, so i doubt they have any real experience, they couldn't even find a simple shift knob for me!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Funny thing is that Mitsubishi dealers are buying these things from us to install. I think you are fine at most dealers. If someone has a problem at the dealer with warranty issue, give us a call first. Talk to me. Thanks

ROAD/RACE