Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Rrm V2 Sri Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Rrm V2 Sri Rocks!

I just purchased the V2 2008 Lancer SRI from RRM. I had the V1 but sold it to a buddy of mine to upgrade to this. The install was easy, just take your time and read the instructions that they provide, the new o ring fit perfect, and made a great seal on the air flow sensor. The two hose clamps on the bottom were the throttle body is were the hardest part to do but after that it was a breeze. After letting the car idle for ten minutes I took it out and let it rip down a nearby street, all I can say is WOW, this thing made better throttle response over the V1. I have a CVT so for me this was awesome, it throws you in the seat more, yes its louder than V1 Sri, but its nothing that you cant live with, I myself along with employees that I know at my near by dealer ship said “ man Mike you have this thing sounding MEAN!” and mean it is. I highly recommend this product to anyone who’s looking for a great SRI for the price, without having to shell out the bucks for a CAI. Way to go RRM!

Old Nov 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice. Cool pics too.

ROAD/RACE
Old Nov 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyway you could video tape revving it and post it so we can hear what it sounds like?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lswjvicNtMA

Old Nov 11, 2008, 07:57 PM

come out with a v3 so mike will sell me that one
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

hhahahaa Jordan, I could take a vid if you want
Old Nov 12, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ROCK
Nice. Cool pics too.

ROAD/RACE
Thanks Buddy cant wait to get the Header, and Pulley next
Old Nov 12, 2008, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
Thanks Buddy cant wait to get the Header, and Pulley next

be aware before bying the header , the flex brakes front the inside , so far 3-4 poeple had this problem not to mention the bolt that bolts to the braket on the engine that lines up real bad and sometimes not . MY advice is WAIT for a brand name compagny to realease something espacially with 400$ you will get alot more quatily then RRM . Same with there exhaust , takes 1 hour to align rigth and it involves bending the hangers and all . Plus there super solution to there rust problem is to spray paint them LOL . I was installing the exhaust and just manipulating the thing and the paint was peeling off . Bravo
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nosman
be aware before bying the header , the flex brakes front the inside , so far 3-4 poeple had this problem not to mention the bolt that bolts to the braket on the engine that lines up real bad and sometimes not . MY advice is WAIT for a brand name compagny to realease something espacially with 400$ you will get alot more quatily then RRM . Same with there exhaust , takes 1 hour to align rigth and it involves bending the hangers and all . Plus there super solution to there rust problem is to spray paint them LOL . I was installing the exhaust and just manipulating the thing and the paint was peeling off . Bravo
he likes RRM he buys no matter what.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Post some clips from inside the car man, and also standing by the hood please
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nosman
I hope that's not true. If mine are bad I will be returning them to RRM.

Also, Learn to spell...

bying = buying

brakes = breaks

poeple = people

braket = bracket

rigth = right

compagny = company

realease = release

espacially = especially

quatily = quality

BRAVO!

Last edited by Nathan0490; Nov 12, 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

RRM V2 SRI indeed rocks

money well spent
Old Nov 13, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

I have hook ups with Rob, His stuff is good, I have not had any problems with aligning the exhaust, and I am very happy with it. My paint did come off a lil but I did repaint it, I went to a local muffler shop and he said no matte what the paint might come off later, big deal, mine has no rust at all. I will try to post some vids on here later. Am I allowed to????
Old Nov 13, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Old Nov 13, 2008, 09:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The header thing happened on early edition of the header. Components used to make it have been changed to longer, stronger ones. IT is not an issue anymore. Anyways, anyone with a problem waas treated fairly including Nosman. Lets move on the product has been resolved. Don't start a panic. Only 4-5 out of 300+ of them did that by the way.

ROAD/RACE

Quick Reply: Rrm V2 Sri Rocks!