Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

~ Tighten your weekend tuner game with Auto Enginuity OBD II Scanner - Preview

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~ Tighten your weekend tuner game with Auto Enginuity OBD II Scanner - Preview

Since the INJEN Vs. AEM intake reviews are taking longer then I like, here is a tidbit on other stuff I have my eye on for must have products.

Lets get the disclaimer stuff out of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsorship: NO
(NOTE Manufacturer discounted the modules needed and kept me in the loop during the development of the 2008 and EVO X updates.
Relationship or Contact with : None but Manufacturer is Friendly
Funding : Subsidized or donated by car club revenue
Cost : for base modules and Enhance modules. 450$

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You just bought your EVOLUTION X or Lancer, you sit inside your ride trying to figure out "what can I do to get the most and best out of my car." Now before you flip thru the Import Mags and start drooling over power mods, brake packages, or suspension drop kits, your first stop should be a OBD II scan tool. Why you say?

Think this thru, and forgive me for being blunt and candid, but when you F*#$ up your car and you see that scary check engine light, whats the first thing you scramble for? A Code scanner, right? You pace up and down you dont know what that CEL means, you ask your friends for advice but without a code reader your lost. Thats where AutoEnginuity comes in. Now before you make the conclusion that this is just a code reader, your mistaken and off by a long shot.

This scanner will tell you absolutely everything you need to know in real time about, engine codes, emissions sensors, O2 readings, Fuel Trims, Engine RPM speeds, Vechical speeds, Transmission positions, etc. etc. the list goes on. To sum it all up, If your car so much as sneezes, you will know, if it miss fires, you will know, if it has a pulse and is alive you will know. Simply put this scan tool will grab data from almost all sensors in your Car. But wait, it doesnt end there, it can access diagnositics for certain key systems, it can even execute commands.

All these things are important, you want to know what your car is doing after a hard run, or after a good tune etc… Now before you this will cost you over a grand, your wrong. You can customize your module to be just the base unit to pick up basic generic sensor readings allowed by your cars manufacter. Or you can ramp it up and start collecting the expanded data modules from each manufacturer to access everything that your car manufacturer dealer sees when he hooks up his machine. I own a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer CVT and this tool is a dream when it comes to real time information. What is even better is all the data you are looking at can be recorded saved to your hard drive for further review.

The scan tool isnt perfect but it does the job really well with very few deal breaking problems. And for the money, its a steal.

If you want to see the complete list of Enhanced Data this tool has access to, click on this article and read the full list. I will release a full review in the coming days or weaks but it will be something worth getting.

http://www.evosoul.com/blog/?p=287
Old Feb 15, 2009, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so no custom tuning of our ecus with this? jus info?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Tuning, no,
Info, Yes, ALL OF IT!
Tuning, in my opinion that requires a dyno. lol i wouldnt recommend doing advanced stuff to your ecu with your laptop next to you on a road somewhere, Unless you know what your doing and have a clear understanding of the possible outcome of your tuning. that takes experience.

But this device does tap into active commands which can be useful.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

This is the best troubleshooting tool you can buy. Everyone should have one of these in their toolbox before they even consider modding a car.

Nice writeup, too, evo_soul