Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Looking fr more HP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there are differences like hardened sleeves in the 4b11t, plus sumtin about the 4b11 bein a semi-open track and 4b11t bein a closed track..i supposed they r talking about the valvetrain..the brian crower kit said theyll fit 4b11ts and all other 4b11 applications...its not jus 1 kit n go, there r options to it also
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4b11 is open deck, 4b11t is semi-closed deck. being an open deck is not going to allow as much boost as a semi closed deck. there are many differences between the two that are best explained in a training video on youtube, don't have the link right now but it is not hard to find.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

yea there is also a thread on LT about this , if u got the time to read lol

http://lancertuners.com/forums/viewt...hp?f=12&t=6174
Old Apr 13, 2009, 09:13 PM

No problem with the straight pipe. Called Road Race and spoke to them directly about it. The resonator provides enough back pressure to get the job done. On the lancer its acceptable. If i were to turbo the car they reccomend a muffler because the downpipe has no resonator.

Haha NJ air quality is already in shambles and i'm sure i'm not doing too much damage with the gutted cats. Haven't found a full exhaust system worth while that includes a high flow cat and muffler w/o resonator that sounds good. Considering the straight pipe only cost me $30 to do and sounds great for the time being i'm up for suggestions. Whats the highest gain from the full exhaust kits you guys have seen?

Looking into the carbon fiber pieces now for weight reduction. Spare is already out. No sure which rims to go with as the roads here in jersey are fairly torn up so i need something sturdy but not too heavy obviously. Again i'm open to suggestions.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

volks has some lightweights that r good, will hold up to potholes... check tirerack.com or go to wheelweights.net...the dude has a HUGE list of wheels, weights, and sizes listed as a reference guide.

kosei has some that r cheaper if ur on a budget, but ive herd of them gettin bent cuz of some bigger potholes. they lightweight tho, like 17 lbs.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by englandsemo
No problem with the straight pipe. Called Road Race and spoke to them directly about it. The resonator provides enough back pressure to get the job done. On the lancer its acceptable. If i were to turbo the car they reccomend a muffler because the downpipe has no resonator..

but.....i was actually going to the muffler shop 2morrow to get a high flow cat and get the resanators cut off. is that a bad idea??? will it do more help then hurt for my car?? i have the Greddy Ti-C axel back.

also, i have one 12" woofer pushing 400watts (rms) would the AMS battery be of for me???

Last edited by Nocturnal Ryda; Apr 14, 2009 at 03:09 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With all of these gutted cats, high flow cats, and straight pipes you guys are looking at like 3-5 hp gains. Losing weight is also a pointless idea unless you are making this a track car in which case, gut the whole car.

So, if I may ask, what is your overall goal of your car?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Nocturnal Ryda
but.....i was actually going to the muffler shop 2morrow to get a high flow cat and get the resanators cut off. is that a bad idea??? will it do more help then hurt for my car?? i have the Greddy Ti-C axel back.

also, i have one 12" woofer pushing 400watts (rms) would the AMS battery be of for me???
as long as you have a cat on... do what ever... hi flow is not gonna do too much unless you are pushing a lot of power in the first place. save the money and use it on stuff that make a big difference.. like coil overs
Old Apr 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

nope..from what was said about the battery from ams, itll work with stock rockford fosgate system but nothing above that
Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

you can get a small kinetic battery like an HC600 or HC800

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/powercells.asp
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

What does cutting out the resonators actually do? Are they simply for sound reduction?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

yea, but from what i know if u cut em out u get more flow
Old Apr 15, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by I Am God
yea, but from what i know if u cut em out u get more flow
So when you say you get more flow.......would you compare it to a stock air intake compared to a SRI or CAI, or is it not even worth the hassle? Would I gain anything at all from cutting out the 2 resonators? Anyone have any idea? I know EVOSOUL would be the one to answer this question, but asking all that offer their advice!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

ud get more power TOP end...yet sacrifice some low end torque
Old Apr 15, 2009, 02:25 PM

As long as your going to have an axle back muffler cutting off the resonator is a good idea. If your going to run somthing like the works exhale and you cut the resonator the car is going to sound like garbage and you'll see a loss in hp. Keep the axle back and cut the resonator!

Quick Reply: Looking fr more HP