Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

So, almost halfway into 09 have you had any real problems with your lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should have taken the SRI out before going into the dealer first off.
Do you have CVT?
Ask the dealer what the code is reading.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by I Am God
haha dont we all..i know i got my fair share
My hood looks like the friggin moon....
Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by brndn23
Only if you bye pos bra. I have put on and taken off bra from every car I owned, Only had issues with one because it the a ****ty bra from the dealer. The bra's I have used on my ;ast car, and on my lancer is basically clear 3m plastic. You can't even hardly tell it is there, and it leaves NO marks. Bras don't make more problems if you know what you are doing.
What you're talking about is completely different from what i'm talking about. That is a clear protective film. a traditional "bra" (the black crud) is what i was thinking...

Any who, more problems to report. I guess maybe i'm use to having 'nicer' car's than what this GTS has to offer. Though the technology in the car for the price, i thought I found a great deal! well.. we all learn from mistakes right? I'm still having the hard start problem periodically. Mostly when it's moist/ raining.. i'm thinking moisture is getting into some of the electricals...

On another not, I thought somehow when i purchased the car the dealership messed up on the paperwork, charging me an additional 2K$ . Lucky for me, I'm friends with the guy who sold me the car. So we got to chatting, talking with the finance manager about my options and me B*tchin him out for selling me a POS, basically it came down to 2 options. The dealership would give me $25K for my car if I bought another car (new or used) from them or I could keep it for another year or so till i paid some more of it off (i'd be flopping arond 7K if I traded it). Off the record though, the finance manager said 'I didnt tell you this but, you can always have a buddy total it'. Thinking I didn't have gap insurance because it didn't show on my original lease agreement, he informed me that it was already figured into the price of the car, that they couldn't lease cars without it or something along that line.

Basically im stuck with this POS lemon car... unless I total it out some how... but, don't feel much like being hurt HA
Old Jun 2, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

just leave it unattended with the keys inside it in a real sketchy area
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stcguy05
YEa you think you have problems now with paint chipping, a front bra will make you forget about paint chips with the marks and scratches it will leave... I take it you've never had a Bra on a car before or, never have taken one off a car before.. They really do more damage than good. Once you put it on, you'll never want to take it off..
I have a Colgan custom-fit bra for my '99 Boxster. I put it on the car prior to long road trips or track days, and it has kept the front of the car pristine. I do not leave the bra on the car for any periods of time longer than about a week, and I never put the bra on without both the car and bra being clean. I did the same thing with a Dodge I owned previously. In my experience, these bras work great as long as they fit properly, are kept clean, and aren't left on the car for long periods. In 26 years of driving, I find that most chips occur on the highway. So, as long as I cover up the car for road trips, that drastically reduces (though it doesn't totally eliminate) chips. I've seen a lot of cars with clear bra film, and that seems to work well, too. However, I've seen older cars where the clear bra has cracked and/or discolored. That looks as bad as the chips to me.

Over a year ago I looked for a bra for my '08 Lancer ES, and I didn't find any available.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by mmartahus
just leave it unattended with the keys inside it in a real sketchy area
In Chicago, that shouldn't be hard to achieve

Mark, That sounds like a good Idea/ what should be done in regards to removing and not leaving the Bra on for an extended period of time. Cars that i've seen that have left the bra on for an extended period (years) look horrible after removing the bra. With your method though, well it just makes sense to me at least. How hard are they to attach and remove? Do you have to go to a dealer or is it a DIY?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

It only takes a couple of minutes to put the bra on or take it off. (I can think of all sorts of off-color remarks to put in here.) Most every time I take it off I rinse it or give it a thorough wash, depending on how dirty it is. You don't want to put on a dirty bra :>)

I don't think you have to leave a bra on for years to do damage. One thing I've heard (but never experienced) is that leaving a bra on the car, particularly if it gets wet and holds moisture against the finish, will cause the clear coat to peel off and damage the paint.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 11:50 PM

What you're talking about is completely different from what i'm talking about. That is a clear protective film. a traditional "bra" (the black crud) is what i was thinking...

Any who, more problems to report. I guess maybe i'm use to having 'nicer' car's than what this GTS has to offer. Though the technology in the car for the price, i thought I found a great deal! well.. we all learn from mistakes right? I'm still having the hard start problem periodically. Mostly when it's moist/ raining.. i'm thinking moisture is getting into some of the electricals...

On another not, I thought somehow when i purchased the car the dealership messed up on the paperwork, charging me an additional 2K$ . Lucky for me, I'm friends with the guy who sold me the car. So we got to chatting, talking with the finance manager about my options and me B*tchin him out for selling me a POS, basically it came down to 2 options. The dealership would give me $25K for my car if I bought another car (new or used) from them or I could keep it for another year or so till i paid some more of it off (i'd be flopping arond 7K if I traded it). Off the record though, the finance manager said 'I didnt tell you this but, you can always have a buddy total it'. Thinking I didn't have gap insurance because it didn't show on my original lease agreement, he informed me that it was already figured into the price of the car, that they couldn't lease cars without it or something along that line.

Basically im stuck with this POS lemon car... unless I total it out some how... but, don't feel much like being hurt HA

Now is a very good time to be friends with a pyro
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

well there are ways..get on the freeway like at 3am and make sure theres no people in sight..and theres no way to cross to oncoming traffic..take a heavy rock put it on the gas..let go of the ebreak and let her rip..

or you could just drive her in a lake
Old Jun 11, 2009, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

yeah take this advice^^^ ?!?!?!?!

BTW, fraud is ILLEGAL. Read the forum rules.