Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

Amsoil Oil Analysis

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joshisjamesbond
No, this isn't a new oil just Amsoil 5W-30 which is recommended for one year or 25,000 miles under normal conditions. I just wanted to post my results for comparison purposes and see what people thought.

It just seems that with Amsoil I'm always impressed by their products and their ability to perform well under any condition. The two analysis results are proof that thus far Amsoil is doing as it states in my car under the conditions.

Amsoil FTW
Cool. Once again, I'm sorry for being naive, but what are these tests saying? What is it indicating? What is it doing for the engine, what does it assist with? My car has 151k, would it be worth it to put this, or should I get oil specified for high mileage engines.

Again, sorry so dumb!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 02:36 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jehuty
Cool. Once again, I'm sorry for being naive, but what are these tests saying? What is it indicating? What is it doing for the engine, what does it assist with? My car has 151k, would it be worth it to put this, or should I get oil specified for high mileage engines.

Again, sorry so dumb!

Alrighty.

oil analysis you can use it as a preventive maintenance program, you can use it to set a baseline if you are trying to find out where is the sweet spot that your engine likes to be changed of its oil, others use it to ensure their engines are not wearing in a non normal fashion, and many more.

at that milleage you should have done a lab a long time ago, you have been blessed that everything is ok or it appears to be.

oil analysis will also tell you if there is high contents of silicone wich is indicative of needing to change air filters, it will tell you if you are mixing small cotents of coolant.

many race teams use it to ensure their internals are intact.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01
Yes you are perfectly fine using RD 10W30, just remember that the RD oils are meant for racing therfore they require to be changed lots quicker than our other lineups like the ATM 10W30 and the XL 10W30

i would not let the RD oils run anything above 2500 maybe 3k, thats just me oil analysis might prove me wrong though

I dont mind changing it often. Thats how much it is driven in 6 months.

Im curious to see if E85 will have an effect on the analysis.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g94T

Iam curiouse to, do you run ethanol, send in a sample and show us all,

i bet you our ATM or our SSO will be just fine these two oil flavors have a super high TBN number unlike any oils out there in the synthetic arena, i bet you the E85 wont even touch them, and how do i base my conclusion so fast because i have seen analysis done on cars running hotter fuels than E85, fuels like NOS, METH, C16, Q16 ect...
Old Apr 5, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g94T

Ive done analysis almost ever 1k miles for the past 15k miles on E85. Used Mobil 1, Motul 300V, and Redline. All held up great and showed little to no difference to the tests I did the same on pump 91.