Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

fujita or RRM SRI?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fujita is intalled and (knock on wood) its doing well i had to turn the MAP a lil before putting in the screws to strighten it out and its runing good so far.(26 miles) i like the sound and its not set your hair on fire but you can tell/hear a difference,lol.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:10 AM
Account Disabled

Good to hear, yea it should work out well. Ive driven 2000 plus miles on mine and no problems. Sound is good didn't burn a hole in the wallet and gives a little extra power and fuel economy.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

i have the magnaflow muffler and chrome tip to install next. i hope she will sound even better soon.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

ok this is what happened at 27 miles the service engine soon came on. then i reset it and resealed the tube once more. i drove it about 40 miles then it came on again, i drove it to advanced auto and had them check the light. it was a too lean air/fuel mix. i bought some injector cleaner and then i put it in the tank and drove it till fill up that was about 80 miles more. i then filled up and drove to my parents this weekend to visit in VA and they was over 150 miles away my wife drove there and back and i havent had a problem since i used the injector cleaner.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ShadowES
ok this is what happened at 27 miles the service engine soon came on. then i reset it and resealed the tube once more. i drove it about 40 miles then it came on again, i drove it to advanced auto and had them check the light. it was a too lean air/fuel mix. i bought some injector cleaner and then i put it in the tank and drove it till fill up that was about 80 miles more. i then filled up and drove to my parents this weekend to visit in VA and they was over 150 miles away my wife drove there and back and i havent had a problem since i used the injector cleaner.
Should not have to use injector cleaner when applying a new air intake! That just goes to show what a crappy product Fujita has, and continues to put out!!! Case and point taken!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

how does that make them crappy? they have really good customer service and if problems persist they accually fix whats messed up. they had to find out how to fix the problem. the V3 is accually the revised version and has a crimp befor the maf to allow the air sensor to read proper. they told me what it was is the tube they used was just large enough that it made the computer think it was too lean. but also im using a V2 and after the injector cleaner i have no problems. so remember depending on how you drive you can have deposits of carbon on the injectors. i bought my car used with 20K on it easily enough to have carbon build up.

im happy with the growl and the look of the intake and im glad i got it. just because i didnt pay 300+ for it dont make it crap.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:31 AM

looking for an sri that is flawless running on the 2.4l lancer. if anyone knows of one or has experience with them please let me know. they all seem to be for the 08 models, except for the rrm v2.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

how does that make them crappy? they have really good customer service and if problems persist they accually fix whats messed up. they had to find out how to fix the problem. the V3 is accually the revised version and has a crimp befor the maf to allow the air sensor to read proper. they told me what it was is the tube they used was just large enough that it made the computer think it was too lean. but also im using a V2 and after the injector cleaner i have no problems. so remember depending on how you drive you can have deposits of carbon on the injectors. i bought my car used with 20K on it easily enough to have carbon build up.

im happy with the growl and the look of the intake and im glad i got it. just because i didnt pay 300+ for it dont make it crap.
There is no way in hell you should need to use fuel injector cleaner after 20k miles! You really should not need to use fuel injector cleaner on anything less then 100k miles. Using the fuel injector as a excuse for making the Fujita intake work it BS! I have never heard of having to use a injector cleaner with any intake system; no matter what the brand is! Fujita is still garbage, and it shows in all these forums!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

carbon can build up after being driven like a granny for so many miles.

and its not an excuse thats what i did and its working now. but as i told you fujita fixed their design because their intake was allowing a little too much air flow in past the MAF. so the com was misreading and thinking it was running lean. thats not crap if you fix the problem and send back to the customer a new one that is fixed mine should be here today or tomarrow. but as i said i dont care what you think about it i like the intake and im glad i didnt pay 300+ for it. it looks good and sounds good. why would i pay 300 for 6 hp?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ckbilly
looking for an sri that is flawless running on the 2.4l lancer. if anyone knows of one or has experience with them please let me know. they all seem to be for the 08 models, except for the rrm v2.
hey if you call fujita direct you should be able to get their V3 shipped direct and it will work.

1-877-644-1200
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey if you call fujita direct you should be able to get their V3 shipped direct and it will work.

1-877-644-1200
WOW so you got a Check engine light and you are recommending this product ????

Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:57 AM
Account Disabled

Id recommend the fujita version 3 it works flawlessly. Yea it took them a couple of tries but the final product is a great deal if you are not looking to spend a lot on an intake.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

yes as i said you think K&N had a perfect product the first time they made an intake? i think that a company that accually honors their service agreements are the best to buy from. as i dais they made a mistake by shipping an old one, which BTW wasnt from them it was ordered from a shop in VA and i bet the shop just sent old stock.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lancer0220
well see you disagree because you joined here sep 2009, where as i have been here since may of 07 when i got one of the first 2008 lancers in early april.

a few months later fujita released their SRI and people were throwing CELS....fujita came out with V2 and people were still t hrowing cells...supposedly a v3 was supposed to come out/did come out and that may be what u have and it may be working just fine but the problem is it took them 2 years to get a damn sri correct, where it took RRM a couple of months and they never had any problems.

if you like your intake thats good, you may disagree because you might have V3 and its working finally and thats awesome but for people who have seen the nightmare of the fujita intake on the 08+ lancers they dont care if it works now or not its just garbage to us. i know some people fixed theirs to work and thats great, the intake is a good deal at about $150 avg price but some people like quality parts, i for one was not going to spend $200 dollars and have to make my own fix.
My wife also bought a 2009 lancer in July of last year, got an rrm sri with pulley a week later and has had no problem ever since. I also recently got an sri and pulley on my lancer that I bought in April of this year. The oem pulley had a score mark and rrm assured me that the hardened metal they are using in the pulley housing would prevent that. So not only do they make a better product than oem but they've got a wide customer base to prove it.

Also the SRI gives you better acceleration. I tested this when my car was stock and she had the sri and pulley. I'm the cheapest person in the world, yet I'll pay a few extra bucks to get rrm. Cause their stuff works.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pcguru2000
My wife also bought a 2009 lancer in July of last year, got an rrm sri with pulley a week later and has had no problem ever since. I also recently got an sri and pulley on my lancer that I bought in April of this year. The oem pulley had a score mark and rrm assured me that the hardened metal they are using in the pulley housing would prevent that. So not only do they make a better product than oem but they've got a wide customer base to prove it.

Also the SRI gives you better acceleration. I tested this when my car was stock and she had the sri and pulley. I'm the cheapest person in the world, yet I'll pay a few extra bucks to get rrm. Cause their stuff works.

did you also read how rrm also messed up on the pulley at first? no one is perfect. shyt happens and its what ppl do when said shyt hits the fan. there was a thread about how rrm accually screwed some kid on here with customer service. so either way. i recommend Fujita even if you dont.

Quick Reply: fujita or RRM SRI?