Notices
Lancer Engine Tech Discuss specs/changes to the engine from cams to fully balanced and blueprinted engines!

fujita or RRM SRI?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha true that... only reason i got a fujita was cuz it was cheap for the time being till i put in my turbo just wanted a little extra hp and torque. For those of you with permanent applications i would recommend going with a more reliable intake such as injen or k&n or the RRM.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

^ but those are "name brands products"!!! As far as the Republican issue; I buy things for quality, not for price. So you must be a Democrat that likes things free or cheap, and therefore support Obama and his great free health care plan! Fujita sucks, they continue to suck, and I will continue to pay for quality products that get the job done right the first time! Sorry for having common sense; those damn Republicans! LOL
Old Nov 1, 2009, 06:37 AM
Account Disabled

actually anarchist, total destruction of government
Old Nov 1, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

^ You are the type of person that calls soldiers "baby killers" for defending their country that you live in with with freedom of choice. Go ahead and hug a tree for everyone and stick behind your Fujita 10 year warranty; you will need it!!!!!! LOL
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

lol i feel like ive never called a soldier a baby killer nor have i ever hugged a tree. Pretty sur eim a regular dude with no opinion about government at all pretty non-biased i was just making a joke about how you are not very open minded. Thats just how some people are and thats how we need to coincide its apart of everyday life just got to deal with it. My fujita is good, does its job correctly. You guys can beg to differ thats fine just another thing about the real world, im not saying one product is better than another, just saying they are different, im out.

edit: lets just be happy we are able to own pretty cool cars to mod, and not only mod but do it with our own style and originality.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those interested, RPW did a direct comparison of a SRI system versus stock and a proper cold air feed system on the dyno with a back to back test.

We cross referenced air intake tempatures and power/torque and not surprisingly, the SRI systems faired the worst with a loss of power, even over a stock system. The intake tempatures were hitting 40 degrees with a SRI system, stock was hitting 36 degrees and a proper cold air system was only hitting 30's degrees.

Check the link below for dyno sheets showing the results of this.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...=298&Itemid=40

Personally we use the K&N Apollo kits which we have found to be an excellent product, easy to fit up and gives us the gains we are after.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mitsiman
For those interested, RPW did a direct comparison of a SRI system versus stock and a proper cold air feed system on the dyno with a back to back test.

We cross referenced air intake tempatures and power/torque and not surprisingly, the SRI systems faired the worst with a loss of power, even over a stock system. The intake tempatures were hitting 40 degrees with a SRI system, stock was hitting 36 degrees and a proper cold air system was only hitting 30's degrees.

Check the link below for dyno sheets showing the results of this.

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...=298&Itemid=40

Personally we use the K&N Apollo kits which we have found to be an excellent product, easy to fit up and gives us the gains we are after.

ok thats great but what do you run in the 1/4 mile with said lancer? what do you run after you install your SRI? i dont care about hp i want 0-60 times. i ask because when you dyno something you have very favorable conditions. i want to know what you run stock in Aus. and then what you run with the intake.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
^ You are the type of person that calls soldiers "baby killers" for defending their country that you live in with with freedom of choice. Go ahead and hug a tree for everyone and stick behind your Fujita 10 year warranty; you will need it!!!!!! LOL
hmm freedome of choice, well then i guess my choice would be a fujita so there. you talk about your intake and i talk about mine. im happy with it. and thats my opinion.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

as long as you happy with it... that's good
Old Nov 9, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ShadowES
hmm freedome of choice, well then i guess my choice would be a fujita so there. you talk about your intake and i talk about mine. im happy with it. and thats my opinion.
You know what they say about opinions; they are like a$$holes, and
everyone has one! Good luck with your Fujit-a-piece of crap
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BABYGOTBACK
You know what they say about opinions; they are like a$$holes, and
everyone has one! Good luck with your Fujit-a-piece of crap

yup a$$hole$ kinda like the person thats talking down on something that does work.
and i think you should keep your opinion to yourself.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

It's an SRI for Pete's sake....pick the one that you think makes the best noise and install it. How did freedom of choice and the military work its way into the debate??? It's not enough power to get upset over...
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nj_08_gts
It's an SRI for Pete's sake....pick the one that you think makes the best noise and install it. How did freedom of choice and the military work its way into the debate??? It's not enough power to get upset over...
im not sure how that became the convo stopper but a debate is a debate. but its one thing to post then have someone come in and undermind someones opinion. im like damn im sry i dont have 300 to shyt out for an intake.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

im not sure how that became the convo stopper but a debate is a debate. but its one thing to post then have someone come in and undermind someones opinion. im like damn im sry i dont have 300 to shyt out for an intake.
no need to upset... as you say freedom of choice.... they have their right to say whatever they want.... just let it be...^^"
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

there was a thread about how rrm accually screwed some kid on here with customer service. so either way. i recommend Fujita even if you dont.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? RRM bends over backwards to accomodate customers. They're always discounting the labor when I come in to buy stuff. So much so that sometimes I feel I'm taking advantage of them and not the other way. Try to take your car to PepBoys or other corporate places. The big places will lie right in your face.

I went to RRM to get my rotors replaced. They looked at my rotors and said nothing is wrong with them when Pepboys said that they were scorched. Pepboys wanted to up their $85 break job with some very expensive rotors. If RRM was dishonest, they would have agreed with Pepboys just to make the sale. Because of their honesty, I bought the slotted rotors anyways. Honesty and being treated fair is 80% of what motivates me to buy from someone.

I would have them turbo my car if they could get a piggy extension for the ecu instead of splicing into the ecu wires. *hint* rock...

Anyway to summarize, RRM makes top notch equipment, and there's die hard people on here that back them up 100%.

Quick Reply: fujita or RRM SRI?